Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gemini09

Gzdoom requests?

I'd like to make a couple of requests for this fantastic engine... When you begin a new game by New Game; Custom Episodes selection menu; Skill selection.... I need the episode choice to be tagged with an individual, purpose-made playerclass. So four episodes, and four playerclasses.

The second thing was how to get a selection menu of the 4 playerclasses in dm/coop games.

You can do this that way: leave there only class menu, start game in the same map for everyone and after starting of this map check player class and exit to episode depending on player class.

Could you elaborate a little on that?

Also I was wondering if the text highlighting on skillsetting browsing could be disabled - so the skull Icon would do all the indicating.

A simple way to do that would be to use a teleporter with four possible destinations, each destination being filtered to one of the classes.

Each teleport destination is in a separate part of the map, with an exit to the start of this class's episode.

Admittedly, that'll behave oddly in coop. But that's unavoidable.

I'd love to avoid using a teleport map if that could be done but I don't know....

regarding my other curiosity, if you move the Skull indicator to any of the top/first three, they will be additionally highlighted with red text http://i.imgur.com/oqvp7lf.png

Please work with me some more on these issues, because I would really like to pull off these effects so the Mod can be shaped as polished as possible.