Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Is there a Maledict in Doom 2?

Has the big boss of Doom 3 Expansion ever been ported to Doom 2, successfully? I imagine it must be quite a challenge, because it's a giant dragon, and that scales badly with the primitive Doom engine.

I've never seen any sprites floating around for it, as I imagine it must be a huge undertaking to do all of them. Who knows though, it might end up being the boss for TSoZD or something.

Obsidian said:

I've never seen any sprites floating around for it, as I imagine it must be a huge undertaking to do all of them. Who knows though, it might end up being the boss for TSoZD or something.

By saying this, you have now doomed TSoZD to be released on RoE's 20th anniversary. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY.

Appearence-wise the Death Wyvern wouldn't be a good choice for it though seeing as the Maledict is more like a gargoyle.

Ragnor said:

By saying this, you have now doomed TSoZD to be released on RoE's 20th anniversary. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY.

Sweet! Now there's an actual deadline for the bloody thing!

As if we're likely to get it that soon.

On topic: the Boss Battles mod for Zandronum used the R667 Fallen sprites for an approximation of the Maledict, but that's about as good as we have at the moment.

Sabaoth is in the bag, though ;)