Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nich

Does anyone play Dos Doom netplay?

I doubt the protocol is any different, but I haven't checked.

But if you're using different versions of ipxsetup you're probably using different versions of doom.exe, which is much more likely to be a problem.

Thanks for uploading DOOMATIC to /idgames, fraggle - It seems really user friendly. I'm connected now with Doom21.9 old deathmatch - hope to see someone in there :)

Me and Mr. Crispy had a few rounds of Doom2 Deathmatch with a custom PWAD we put together on your US server, fraggle. Thanks for hosting, it was a lot of fun being able to record some demos :)

I'm up for a couple of co-op runs through an episode or two of shitty WADs. Nobody has any objection to 1994 maps, do they?

Baron, let's do the EP#BEST wads. Guaranteed 1994 mediocrity.

Sure thing, got a link? Or are they one of the thousands of horrors on D!Zone?

(They can't be any worse than the WADPAK sets. Half the maps in those things don't even fucking work.)

Tylerisepic1 said:

I'm setting up my old Dosbox right now! I'll hop in soon!

I'd love to play some 1994 coop garbage. Where will you guys converge for this?

Just to be clear Tylerisepic1, somebody playing vanilla Doom in dosbox is not going to be playing with vanilla Doom outside of dosbox over the internet.

Dosbox tunnels the IPX protocol over to TCP/IP, it doesn't actually use IPX outside of the emulation. Doom by itself will not do that. There is no need to install the IPX protocol if you are trying to use dosbox.

That and I don't think any OS past Windows XP 32 supports IPX anymore.

Tylerisepic1 said:

Seems that Vista won't work for IPX, so I'm installing XP in a virtural machine. It uses it, so it'll be fine.

No no no, you're doing it all wrong! DOSbox! You can enable IPX in DOSbox.conf!

Doomkid said:

I'd love to play some 1994 coop garbage. Where will you guys converge for this?

Erm, no idea actually. I'm able to mess around reasonably soonish though, are we going to arrange the nitty-gritty shite on IRC or something? I'd love to get four players in on this shit and record a demo for my usual video series of shitty maps.

No, Windows XP supports both DOS and IPX.

(I know it supports IPX, but I'm 90% sure about DOS being supported)

EDIT: I'M DOING IT ALL WRONG? D:

Heh I'm game. I'd love to try this out for the hell of it. I think using IRC to coordinate is a good idea.

Edit: Yeah Tyler, you need to get dosbox setup, as that is what we are using. Dosbox runs on Vista so no need to mess around with a VM. :)

In case we aren't being clear enough, when we say 'Dosbox' we are talking about a Dos emulator.

http://www.dosbox.com/

Not actual dos support in Windows.

There ya go. They're wad collections found from the old shareware CD called Dominator 2.
You can find me at ZDaemon IRC as user Gargoyle.

Well I'll be a couple hours before I can play, but might I suggest using one of the doom channels on oftc.net? We could use #chocolate-doom (if Fraggle is okay with that).

I'd love to play with you guys a little later on tonight.

Well I'm free to dick around from this point on. Currently lurking on #chocolate-doom, unless/until fraggle tells us to get out!

Me and ASD are having a great Doom2 coop run if anyone would like to join. We might record some demos :)

EDIT: Im on Zdaemon, Odamex and Zandronum, all as Doomkid or Doomkid_.

I'm up for some totally shitastic '94 wads some time today. Currently 4:38 PM where I am. I'll see if I can get Firefox's IRC client installed or something so I can communicate half way effectively.

Any interest in a server on the west coast, or is the east coast one working fine?