Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

What's causing this floor flat to bleed?

Did another test in one of my maps in Vanilla Doom. Everything checked out, except this red flat is "impailing" through the floor.

What causes this? The sectors are closed and everything...

I have two similar walkways in this room with white and blue stripes, respectively, but I do not get this problem with those walkways.

Thanks.

I am no expert on this, so this is a gues based on what i experienced
at some occasion. whenever i had this similar problem, i just delete and redrew the entire sector which was bleeding... what makes me think its node builder related, or an almost impossible to find linedef problem.

*CORRECT ME IF i AM WRONG*

I don't know if this is the problem I had but it might be.

I had a similar problem that in my maps some girders would show up in the floor

I got around this by trying everything I could think of but to no avail until I found out that the textures were misaligned. Their offset was too low down and the game was displaying these textures through the floor despite not doing so in the editor.

I Don't know for sure if that's what this is, but go to that linedef and try moving the textures upwards and see if they come back to the floor level. Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but it is similar to what I had I think....

Xegethra said:

I don't know if this is the problem I had but it might be.

I had a similar problem that in my maps some girders would show up in the floor

I got around this by trying everything I could think of but to no avail until I found out that the textures were misaligned. Their offset was too low down and the game was displaying these textures through the floor despite not doing so in the editor.

I Don't know for sure if that's what this is, but go to that linedef and try moving the textures upwards and see if they come back to the floor level. Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but it is similar to what I had I think....

Your problem may have been that the sectors surrounding those textures had the exact same characteristics (floor texture, floor height, brightness), which causes the textures to go through the floor. One of the easier ways to get around this was to just adjust the brightness in one of the surrounding sectors by one unit.

My problem isn't the wall textures going through the floor, it's the actual floor going through the floor...

I agree with Enjay's assessment of slime trail as a possibility.
The only way anyone can be sure is if you post the map for us to look at it in an editor.

It does look like a slime trail from the screen resolution the shot was taken in. I'd go with Firefish and try a different nodebuilder though. I was having quite a few of those pretty frequently when using a lot of unusual angles and intersecting lines in DB2. using BSP fixed them for me.