Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Birthday WAD?

I am thinking of having a birthday WAD for my 32nd birthday which is coming in about 2 weeks, I could give some pointers for anyone interested:

- Techbase/Tech-Hell motif
- Semi-linear
- About the size of The Focus or Hangar
- Dimmish with bursts of darkness or bright lighting
- Good amount of monsters and challenging but not Slaughter level
- Light to medium detail, like the id maps
- No custom music
- Traps!
- A surprise or two

I think I'll make you another E2-style map. I enjoyed making the one I did for Walter. Would something along those lines, but shorter and lacking the anime reference secret be alright?

@joe: Cool, I'll post the video of my playthrough later on Youtube. Had to use alternate music (Jimmy music ♥) because I don't want no potential third party claims because it was a Gorillaz song.

@Phobus: Go ahead.

Here is joe's level:

I'll get around to Phob's and SuperCupcake's levels.

As will I ;) I intend to make you a new one along the same lines as the one I did for Walter in the next few days :p

Right, now that I've finished the game that was distracting me from working on this I'm in a race against time to get it finished mediate Saturday, or it won't be done until mid next week or the week after due to holidays. This is looking likely to be delayed... Sorry!

Cool, I'll get to them over the weekend.

Walter, what is the XM music source? Also I am asking this so I am trying to make sure the musics don't trigger Youtube's stupidly sensitive ContentID from spoiling it all, heh.

Or maybe I'll just lower the music volume.

I will do the WAD but I will wait for a response from Soundwave Trax before uploading it. Not sure if Happy Birthday will give me a claim tho, that song might be copyrighted/claimed by some obnoxious music publishing company ._.

OK, finally got around to all of the other maps but I already forgot who did the Tech-Hell Doom map. I counted joe, Cupcake and walter's maps so far. Would that last one be Phobus's?

The map starts off in a hellish room using SP_HOT1 and has a fairly strong E2 vibe.

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Sounds like mine, wad is HappyBirthdayMr.Chris!.wad

Also the music is from Gothic DM

I've checked, that was the one that used D_E3M3 as its music.

Obsidian, might the one I described be yours? Yea, it was his, all 4 maps have been accounted for.

Edit 5/5: I will have to redo Walter's because the happy birthday jingle will probably make put a ContentID match on the video so I'll have to find a replacement that's uplifting for it, preferably royalty free. -Also redone.

Also:

Well happy birthday to you Mr. Chris! My 21st brithday is coming up in a few weeks (June 2nd) so I might just make myself a birthday map :)