Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

Update with Doom comic

Some of you may have been there when I mentioned I was drawing a comic based on DoomWorld/Other-online-cyber-world stuff. I've got most of the characters sketched out. I've also got some sort of story line, which involves an evil company called Unitech (I'm sure someone can sue me for that). If you'd like to ba added to the comic, please respond, Any ideas would also be helpful.

Charcters

Javaguy - random unlucky guy
DSM - Writer
Archvile64 - Lobby secretary, who isn't effective because he's a fish in a bowl of water.
Pickle956 - Javaguy's random unlucky friend
Zaldron and L(u with dots)t - demi gods. Lut will be a firey god looking thing, while Zal will be a guy in a cloak.
Ling - God of Doomworld, who I'm thinking will be a giant scary face.
Orion - Pot smoking moose.
Fodders - Old guy and master of Religeon and Politics who shoots people he doesn't agree with.
Cren - loser
deadNail - Angry person with a gatling gun.

Technically, since I'm not selling this for money, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.... MUHAWHAWHAWHAH!!
Ok, maybe there is, but the only person bad things happen to in the comic is me (mostly).

JavaGuy said:

DSM - Writer

Hehehe, a writer, heh - so, am I'm supposed to be one of these crazy novel writers who dresses like his novel characters or what? :-P
Well, it's gonna be fun to see how your DSM character is gonna look/be like (it'll give me a pretty good picture on how you interpret me).

Actually, it was easier when you had the skeleton avatar, because I imagined you as a very poetic and worrying sort of Death character. That's probably what I'll put you as, though I can't help but to think of you as SGT Fish now.
Now that I've ruined it for you, I'll have to change it.

JavaGuy said:

Cren - loser

We'll see if cren saying he is more calm now was a lie. =P

JavaGuy said:

Actually, it was easier when you had the skeleton avatar, because I imagined you as a very poetic and worrying sort of Death character. That's probably what I'll put you as, though I can't help but to think of you as SGT Fish now.
Now that I've ruined it for you, I'll have to change it.

Actaully, my fishy doesn't fit me all that well - your idea fits me kinda well I think. I am a very worrying person :-) (note to self: Gotta change back to my Newdoomguy avatar soon)

Dammit. Thats practicaly my webcomic idea. Oh well...(wads up a paer and tosses it out).

Personally, there are no Avatars on here that fit me well, but I at least need something light and non opposing like this cartoon fish here/ After all, if reflects my outlook on life (easygoing I mean. I don't see life as resembling a dead fish)

what the hell is it with people wanting to do comics all of a sudden...

goob's are excellent, though.

JavaGuy said:

Personally, there are no Avatars on here that fit me well, but I at least need something light and non opposing like this cartoon fish here/ After all, if reflects my outlook on life (easygoing I mean. I don't see life as resembling a dead fish)

That doesn't even look like a dead fish, mine looks more dead:

Edit: Is there some reason that img tag didn't work?

stphrz - the only guy on the forums with a blowtorch. Think of all the fun things you could have a guy with a blowtorch do.

Er, this is Javaguy on Pickle's name. I'm over his house right now, and we're going to go late in the night while he teaches me to edit Doom a bit and I can get some Java coding done. Anyways, I have a blowtorch, and yes, they are fun. However, I almost made things explode with it.

I had something important to say, but by now I've forgotten.

I should finish those stylized Heresiarch pics I've been working on. But of course Mill's high on my priority list.

man for some reason I dreampt of archviles fish, but much cooler. Then again I slept till 6:30 pm today, and I'm in physical pain right now, I also had dreams of other shit, I forgot, oww.

orion said:

man for some reason I dreampt of archviles fish, but much cooler. Then again I slept till 6:30 pm today, and I'm in physical pain right now, I also had dreams of other shit, I forgot, oww.

o_O

My fish is in your dreams?

Archvile64 said:

o_O

My fish is in your dreams?

yeah, it was drowning, don't ask me how you drown a fish though.

orion said:

I think you've been spending waaaaay too much time on Doomworld recently :P

orion said:

you take it our of the water, it drowns in waterless envroment

Archvile64 said:

I think you've been spending waaaaay too much time on Doomworld recently :P

When a fish is taken out of water, and exposed only to air, not to oxygen and hydrogen containing water, its gills are unable to control the oxygen intake, the delicate balance cannot be maintained, and the gills inhale a lethal overdose of oxygen. The fish essentially experiences death by "drowning."

Or you could pull it backwards through the water, that drowns it, also God can drown fish...God, in his infinite wisdom decides to drown some fish (because they are of course violent and corrupt fish). This is what is says (quote) in Genesis 6:07.

"And the Lord said, I do bring a flood to destroy man whom I have created from the face of the Earth; both man of the Earth, beasts of the land, the fowls of the air, the great whales of the sea, the fish of the water and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the Earth". Also, my prefered method...You can drown a fish fillet in a heavy sauce :)

Fish can drown (!!!) in the cup of coffee or whatever... If want to see the process you should place your fish in the vodka or smtng like that... :P

wasted said:

Fish can drown (!!!) in the cup of coffee or whatever... If want to see the process you should place your fish in the vodka or smtng like that... :P

Oh all this cruelty to those poor defenseless fishies.

Look at you! Have you no shame? Wasting all those marvelous fish! When my MoOoSe is starving!

but I at least need something light and non opposing like this cartoon fish here

Agreed.. you are not one of the fish! The honour is not bestowed apon thee! Or indeed 50% of the people using fish avatars nowerdays.

Uhh Jon, your fish doesn't look so good, how about givin' it some medical aid to treat that eye with ;-)

Make your own fish avatar and upload it to a web page so you can upload it here.
You could always get me to do one for you :-P
Just tell me what it should look like (colour, "personality", mood, other characteristics)