Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professor Sir

Interesting weapon idea: how do I do this?

I am currently trying to make a (never to be released) weapon mod, but an idea for a weapon is still confusing me.

The weapon I'm trying to make will only alert enemies if it hits them. That came out strange. What i mean is it would trigger the whole room once you hit a single enemy. Otherwise, it wouldn't attract any attention. Think "screaming enemy" and you got what I'm thinking for the weapon. I tried to find where to do this, but got no results.

Could you help a guy noob out?

You can modify a gun to shoot an invisible dummy object that spawns an "alerter" so to say when the projectile dies.

Put WEAPON.NOALERT in the weapon definition in DECORATE. Then, I'm not sure how exactly, but do what BloodyAcid said - some kind of an "alerter" released from the projectile when it hits the monster. Or otherwise, if you manage to detect that a monster was hit. You might find this action function useful.

Maybe you'd need to alter DECORATE definitions of all monsters, give them a special Pain state for your weapon's defined DamageType, and make them spawn an alerter in this Pain state.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you more at the moment than with these wild guesses.