Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scifista42

2 random Switcheroom speedmaps for the heck of it (map01<->e1m1)

Within about 5 hours (not that fast, I know), I've made MAP01 as E1M1, for Doom IWAD. How original!

Well, more than anything else, I did it as a practice for myself. I needed to give my brain a kick and prepare to get back into a proper creative activity. I have other actual Switcheroom maps to do.

So yeah, I know this is an abomination map - but I thought I'd release it anyway. If you want to make me happy, post a Nightmare! FDA, the map's quite Nightmare! friendly. Even thing placement stays very loyal to Entryway for most of the time, except... you'll see.

EDIT: Now there's two maps: E1M1->MAP01 (Doom 2 IWAD), and MAP01->E1M1 (Doom IWAD). Yes, you can launch this wad with 2 different IWADs and you'll get different maps.

Both maps are speedmaps, both are relatively Nightmare friendly, both were made with deathmatch in mind, both were created just as a random practice for myself (which I've enjoyed). If anyone's interested:

/IDGAMES DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/g-i/heyhey.zip

Of course I've made the map from scratch and far from Entryway exact geometry, so the map can possibly be archived. Who knows, maybe it will eventually end up in Fellowzdoomer's project.

Thx anyway, a lot! :) Particular enemy and thing placement remain very close to the original, so I thought it would be easy.

EDIT: Difficulty settings are of course implemented, similarly as in Entryway, aside from UV-only sergeants. And I haven't forgotten about Entryway's deathmatch as well. :)

Idgames link: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/g-i/heyhey.zip

Now there's two maps: E1M1->MAP01 (Doom 2 IWAD), and MAP01->E1M1 (Doom IWAD). Yes, you can launch this wad with 2 different IWADs and you'll get different maps.

Both maps are speedmaps, both are relatively Nightmare friendly, both were made with deathmatch in mind, both were created just as a random practice for myself (which I've enjoyed).