Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenmario47

Trouble with multiplayer UACMN

I am trying to set up a multiplayer uacmn thing, and whenever my brother tries to connect to it, he gets this message.

see? exact same pwads, exact same hashes, and it still says that!
Please help! (also please don't yell at me for it being uacmn)

I think either you have an outdated version of Zandronum or an edited IWAD/UACMN.wad/Skulltag resources.wad (That kind of fucks things up)...

Also why is the first thing you ask about UACMN related, it's kinda fishy.

The Zandronum forums are probably a better place to ask this question, but the "Protected lump authentication failure" means one of these lumps doesn't match what's on the server. Unfortunately, that screenshot doesn't tell us which wad/pk3 failed the check, so it could even be something your brother's added to his IWAD.

I can't imagine it being very Multiplayer friendly considering the amount of scripting anyway. :/

Superluigieth1 said:

I thought it was Skulltag Only...

You can get the Skulltag data to run with Zandronum and therefore play any Skulltag wads with it.

mrthejoshmon said:

Also why is the first thing you ask about UACMN related, it's kinda fishy.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I've talked some multiplayer buds into playing UACMN on Skulltag back in the day. Yeah, it clearly wasn't for productive coop Dooming; just for their reactions and whatnot.

Canofbacon said:

Because it's fun.

UACNM is the one with all the bum-rape, isn't it? Is this the kind of thing people invite their friends to?

MajorRawne said:

UACNM is the one with all the bum-rape, isn't it? Is this the kind of thing people invite their friends to?

"Hey you wanna come round my house for a bum-rape session? Why are you walking away from me? Are we still friends?..."

MajorRawne said:

if it was an all-homo party, perhaps.

MajorRawne said:

CORRECT!

Then either I'm getting old, or am secretly biased against gay Doom partial conversions, because I filed it under "N" for "Never play this shit".

Obsidian said:

I can't imagine it being very Multiplayer friendly considering the amount of scripting anyway. :/

UACMN was designed to be played in Survival Co-op mode with infinite ammo. I have beaten the whole thing (except uac18 since the qnet server always kicks me out over pwad authentication whatever) in the company of others before.

greenmario47 said:

i'm surprised this hasn't been post helled considering we're talking about the best wad in existence

Eh, someone will get around to it, don't worry. And now I've got this mental image of some hick backwater American town called Existence where they play this all the time. X-D