Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomguy

OSX GZDoom 0.2.4 crashes mysteriously

Hi there. I wanted to see if anybody can give me an insight into this problem... I've been playing GZDoom on my Mac for a while now with no issues, but recently it stopped loading entirely and I'm not sure what is causing it. It just freezes when I try to use it and won't load the app at all. The wad directories are all correct and it was playing fine earlier today so I really don't understand it. Reinstalling it doesn't work, neither does restarting the computer, so I'm a little stuck. Anybody encountered this problem?

This is compeltely unacceptable. We need to answer questions like this instead of just ignoring them. I'm having a LOT of crashing issues on the latest GZDoom for Mac and there's hardly any support for troubleshooting at all online. Surely someone can offer a pointer.

GZDoom for Mac 3.3.2 and whatever the latest version of QZDoom is, I couldn't figure out how to tell what the version number is.

QZDoom should be at 2.0.0 for Windows.

As for the question, it's possible that this is the same problem I faced with GZDoom 3.x (detailed on another thread), with Intel graphics being crappy.

However, I'm not a Mac user, so I can't offer very much insight myself.

Not really encountering anything major on Windows. Definitely need some Mac troubleshooting help.

I'd really appreciate it! I hate to come off so bitchy, but it would seem the Mac versions are less stable due to there being far fewer Mac players out there, and thus less support.

RE: The Official ZDoom on Mac OS X Thread (Most probably helpful)

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19321&p=774521

ATTN: Mac Users: Cocoa back end testing needed thread. (Improbably helpful, but Mac related)

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46383&p=774757

All I could find.

Both of those threads are ancient at this point, but there might be a diamond or two in the rough here.

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

This is compeltely unacceptable. We need to answer questions like this instead of just ignoring them.

Perhaps, but I don't think @doomguy waited four years for your backup.

Also any answers we could give him about GZDoom 0.2.4 would be irrelevant today anyway.

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

I'm having a LOT of crashing issues on the latest GZDoom for Mac and there's hardly any support for troubleshooting at all online. Surely someone can offer a pointer.

Mac only represents about 2% of GZDoom's userbase. That means you have a very small pool of people who can actually help you with any sort of Mac-specific issues; and most of them are more likely to be found on the ZDoom forums anyway. GZDoom's Mac development is mostly done by _mental_ (who doesn't have an account on Doomworld AFAICT).