Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

An Idiot COD player calls S.W.A.T. Team on rival as revenge for beating him.

Not entirely a stupid plan. Calling the cops to anything these days almost ensures someone or someones dog gets shot regardless of the situation. I'm sure the S.W.A.T. team roughed up his enemy and broke a lot of his possessions.

Just too bad he was stupid enough to get himself caught.

Technician said:

Just too bad he was stupid enough to get himself caught.

He didn't get caught.

So they got a dodgy internet call and instead of checking anything, they just punched the red button and declared DEFCON 1. Then they proceeded to not check on anything as the strike unitinvading cop horde stormed the front porch. They're pissed off about how stupid they look now, not about spending taxpayer buck - AND they're lucky they didn't start shooting. Stupid, stupid pigs.

And they can't trace the call back because of mad proxy magix, so surely they're checking IPs from the ingame server logs? I'd expect some antagonizing chatter between players before one snaps like that, and I'd start looking there. At worst you check on anyone who lost to the swatted guy, eh? No devil proxies there, it's an online FPS game. But there's not even a mention of such stuff in the article. Instead all the focus goes to outrage, mostly about the money, not even the victim.

dew said:

So they got a dodgy internet call and instead of checking anything, they just punched the red button and declared DEFCON 1. Then they proceeded to not check on anything as the strike unitinvading cop horde stormed the front porch. They're pissed off about how stupid they look now, not about spending taxpayer buck - AND they're lucky they didn't start shooting. Stupid, stupid pigs.

A report of 2 people being killed is pretty serious, there not going to check into the problem first, because if there really had been a killer then by the time they looked into the problem and stuff it would have already been to late.

Have they any idea where caller resides? Swat operation with helicopters and other gear must cost loads of dosh

The clever bastard covered his tracks by using dome sort of internet telephone to report of two murders with a firearm at the address. From what I could gather from the story, it's gonna be very difficult to trace the call as he probably pinged it off a server anywhere using any kind of computer. Master trolling there, but the guys still a butt hurt twat. I mean seriously, it's a game.

StevieCybernetik said:

SWAT teams must incredibly bored these days to just move in on fucking anyone for any reason these days...

They're usually people too dumb or physically lacking to get into the military, so they look for reasons to get into their body armor and military police tanks.

The militarization of our police forces is actually quite alarming.

The US is a big country with goddamn-50 big states. The polices have to be strong there.

printz said:

The US is a big country with goddamn-50 big states. The polices have to be strong there.

They do have 317,493,212 potential tax evaders terrorists after all.

Real men do their own dirty work.

I'd trust the military with their gang members and drones over the fucking cops any day. And I'm not a huge fan of the US forces at all.

I'm surprised the 17 year old dumbshit who pulled this stupid prank lives on Long Island too, I want to deck his dumb ass for wasting taxpayer money.

Technician said:

They're usually people too dumb or physically lacking to get into the military, so they look for reasons to get into their body armor and military police tanks.

The militarization of our police forces is actually quite alarming.

Indeed. I recently moved to the south east of the country and my new state acquired SWAT vehicles that were actually IN Iraq at one point and are just surplus bomb clearing trucks that never saw action. There's fucking nothing around but hicks, trees, a few lakes, and huge shopping centers in the middle of nowhere for whatever reason. Not exactly "terism"ville. I've always thought something was up with that but I just hope that I'm wrong about it and just reading into it too much...

There was a report on the radio the other day about something similar happening in Edmonton. I only heard it once and couldn't find it in the paper, though.

Doominator2 said:

A report of 2 people being killed is pretty serious, there not going to check into the problem first, because if there really had been a killer then by the time they looked into the problem and stuff it would have already been to late.

This. In that scenario people would have been complaining about the police not acting sooner. Law enforcement can't win these days, people look for any excuse to hate these people for simply doing their jobs.

I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Workaholics that was like this. In fact there was, just recently, "Deputy Dong".

StevieCybernetik said:

There's fucking nothing around but hicks, trees, a few lakes, and huge shopping centers in the middle of nowhere for whatever reason.

Uh oh...sounds a lot like Paradise, AZ in Postal 2 (minus the trees, and with random dirty water ponds rather than lakes). And we all know how well that turned out ;-)

It's about time we stopped calling them "police" as they stopped being that when they were all bought up by the DHS by accepting its funding and being equipped with military gear, weaponry, vehicles, training, drones, and mass surveillance devices.

We have an occupying martial force in this country which is being organized and directed from the federal level. What we have are not police. They are Schutzstaffel-style death squads dressed in black, authorized to use arbitrary force in any measure including and up to summary execution against any person without fear of liability or reprisal.

I won't go so far as to agree with Quasar's description of the facts, but he draws necessary urgency to the present danger. SWAT is an over-leveraged branch of local law-enforcement set up to combat organized crime syndicates, drug cartels, organized arms traffickers and rogue militia members.

The thing is, how much organized crime do we have in the US, and in what frequency do these activites occur? There are certain states where, yes, local police may be outgunned and it may be necessary to have an active and surgical SWAT force in place, but the reality is that SWAT budgets are drastically over-funded IN EVERY SINGLE STATE IN THE UNITED STATES, meaning they have money to spend on weapons of war which end up being used for frivolous purposes and end up harming innocent civilians and waste the taxpayers' dollars.