Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Looking forward to playing kama sutra 2

I played the first one a bit today, it was fun to get to the roof on map13 (maybe not 13, I'm talking about the subway one) and slay a lot of imps with teh bfg, and then on another map I was checking out various sports related locations like the bowling room, the pool, etc, that was also cool, and then on some hellish map at first I was running away from the monsters but then I found all weapons, got back to the monsters and kicked their asses, the green sphere helped some with that too.

I hope kama sutra 2 will be ass good.

Memfis said:

I hope kama sutra 2 will be ass good.

Well, I suppose we know what the Icon will be then.

Assuming that Memfis's goal was (at least distantly, indirectly) to urge Gusta, somebody needs to point Gusta to this thread. As I've discovered, he doesn't visit Wads&Mods, only the Speed Demos subforum, mainly. Last time it was only thanks to me that he discovered that DWMegawad Club plays Kama Sutra.

Obsidian said:

Well, I suppose we know what the Icon will be then.

If you go through the random pics on their site you can find this, looks quite promising:

If only. Kama Sutra 2's probably neglected, which is a shame really, cause the original Kama Sutra is one of the greatest megawads I've ever played. It would be nice if someone could show Gusta or Method the thread, much like how I wished for Andy Johnsen or at least someone who is friends with him to show the Valley of Echoes thread I made.

Do you, people, want to play it, even it's unfinished?
It's cool to see still an interest about ks2 after those years.

Even if you don't plan working on it anymore - you can always show the unfinished wad, or even release it as the final product. It's a common practice, perhaps it's sort of unpleasant, but at least people see something instead of seeing nothing at all.

I'd rather wait for the final release. As I've said here a few days ago, I kind of dislike demos\betas\etc.

Let me remind you about Epic. It was planned to have 32 levels but in the end got only 5, so waiting for the 'full' version of it would take... like, eternity. Or Scythe X, for instance, I doubt it will ever be finished, but we still have 2 episodes released. I mean exactly the same here. If KS2 is still being worked on - it's fine, but if it's not and the interest is lost - there's no reason for further delays. That's how I see it.

Same here, if there is a slight chance that it will be done in the next 25 years or so then I can wait!

Man, I haven't worked on it for 3, maybe even 4 years. That's too much. (Time flies damn quickly when you get a job :-O) I agree with Demonologist, it would be pity if all those levels stays lost on my HDD forever.
So I am going to make all almost finished maps at least playable (they have never been tested so much), fix some worst design flaws and then probably release this thing as some sort of public beta.

You can still hire an internal team of playtesters, I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of them in a very short time period.
How many maps ready for release you've got, by the way?

In current beta there are 28 'almost finished - finished' maps, 5 very unfinished maps (33 alltogether) + I also have few maps aside that I already removed from the project.

The thing is, once playtesters say their thing... won't it be too much work for Gusta not to go drinking instead of fixing stuff?

I've been waiting for a chance to playtest it for years and that slacker never did anything. :)

dew said:

The thing is, once playtesters say their thing... won't it be too much work for Gusta not to go drinking instead of fixing stuff?

I've been waiting for a chance to playtest it for years and that slacker never did anything. :)

The temptation to just drink instead of fix is one that is overwhelming in its power. I know this from experience.

Gusta said:

In current beta there are 28 'almost finished - finished' maps, 5 very unfinished maps (33 alltogether) + I also have few maps aside that I already removed from the project.

Wow, you basically got the whole megawad done except for a few maps...

Well I'm definitely excited now. I was expecting like maybe 10-15 maps at most after your first post in the thread but 28... it's pretty much a full thing. If anything tangible comes out of this then massive thank you's to Memfis for starting this thread.

28 maps, that's practically a full WAD as it is (even if some of them need revisions). If you really won't feel right about it unless you have 32+, perhaps you could consider getting a 'special guest' or two of your choice to fill in the few remaining empty spots. Seems to have worked for some other recent sets that were stuck, and the audience usually looks upon this sort of thing as a pleasant bonus rather than as just a cheap stopgap measure.

Demon of the Well said:

28 maps, that's practically a full WAD as it is (even if some of them need revisions). If you really won't feel right about it unless you have 32+, perhaps you could consider getting a 'special guest' or two of your choice to fill in the few remaining empty spots. Seems to have worked for some other recent sets that were stuck, and the audience usually looks upon this sort of thing as a pleasant bonus rather than as just a cheap stopgap measure.

There already are 3 guest mappers. Firstly I try to polish gameplay for all 'almost finished' maps and then I'll think about what to do with missing maps.

Gusta said:

There already are 3 guest mappers.

Is Eternal one of them? :) I know he made a nice HR2 32 style map for you.
p.s. Very glad that this thread actually had some effect, I wasn't even hoping for that, really, just made it as a joke because I was in a funny mood.

and Plut: it's KAMA SUTRA dude!