Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Facial hair

Why is it there is still no post from Pavera in this thread? really?

All what I have is few long pieces of beard, soul patch, bits of sideburns that are not worth mentioning, and mustaches, which is the only thing that grows all the damn time. And I hate them.

Saddest thing is, beard doesn't grow any more than I have. At least it doesn't itch.

grouchbag said:

I have no facial hair for obvious reasons.

Damn! It must be terrible going through life with no face. I assume that's the reason. ;)

Goatee for me. I still shave every day (when I'm at work anyway) but I like the goatee and it helps cut down shaving time (gel and Mach III razor). Sometimes, when I'm not at work, I let the other bits grow but after about a week, the stuff on my neck starts driving me insane with itchiness and it has to go.

Any idea why some of the facial hair isn't accepted at work? (even for a short beard or whatever you are growing)

Because your employer is the new nazi, you should find a better job.

There are reasons in some workplaces - e.g. if you have to wear a respirator, being clean-shaven can give you a better seal around your face.

Most of the time I suspect that it is just some boss' interpretation of what looks smart and what he or she wants for their company.

joe-ilya said:

Any idea why some of the facial hair isn't accepted at work? (even for a short beard or whatever you are growing)

My thoughts are that it demonstrates a semblance of discipline. Moreover, it fosters conformity within the work place. One could probably link it back to Roman times, where civilized folks were expected to practice shaving. Therefore, it is probably deep rooted in Western culture.

Also, it stops us bearded folk from shedding our face fur onto everybody's food when we work the food service industry.

joe-ilya said:

I package food at a supermarket, so its mandatory. So is wearing a white shirt and tie, but those aren't too bad in comparison.

Mr. Freeze said:

I package food at a supermarket, so its mandatory. So is wearing a white shirt and tie, but those aren't too bad in comparison.

Funny thing is, ties are probably more unhygienic than having a beard.

geekmarine said:

You get an awkward public boner! And you get an awkward public boner! Everyone gets an awkward public boner! Wear 'em proudly.

You uncovered my deepest secret, marry me please !

I could probably go for a prodigious neck beard if ever I got past the "itches like hell after 3-4 days stage", but the patchiness around my mouth probably wouldn't let that be a good look for a long while, so I try to shave at least twice a week to have a clean shaven day or two when I'm going somewhere and stubble for 2-3 days after. My office job is fine with beards and there's nobody in my life that holds enough sway over me to dictate my appearance.

Thanks to my grandad's genes, facial hair doesn't match head hair for me or my brother - I've gotten off lightly with fairly dark blond hair and even darker facial hair (might need to grow it out to be sure), but my brother has brown/blond hair and a conspicuously ginger beard when he grows one out, which is good for a laugh!