Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Doomworlders: Can you make it into beautifulpeople.com?

The internet is full of shit. But sometimes the shit can be funny and amusing. One such example would be beautifulpeople.com AKA the dating site for narcissists.

Basically the way this works is that you upload an image of yourself which is then constantly voted on for its attractive looks for a period of 48 hours, and in the meantime you can see how you are going and how much luck you are having. If your overall score is good enough at the end of those 48 hours then you get in. The people who vote are those who are already on the site.

For fun's sake, submit your photo and then keep us all updated on how much luck you are having getting in!

http://www.beautifulpeople.com/en-IS

Also in case you feel bad if you are rejected I think I remember reading it somewhere on the site that only about 1 in 5 or so people actually get in. But who cares anyways since this place is for narcissists and such folks anyways. This is just for fun so don't take it too seriously :)

I will upload mine as well by the way.

But who cares anyways since this place is for narcissists and such folks anyways.

Jealousy is an ugly thing, you wouldn't make it into beautifulsouls.com either.

Hmmm, everytime I look at other people's faces I feel somehow weird... like if looking into trash bin. That is why I never do this eye-contact thingy.. At least my own face is cool :)

Sokoro said:

Hmmm, everytime I look at other people's faces I feel somehow weird... like if looking into trash bin. That is why I never do this eye-contact thingy.. At least my own face is cool :)

Low self esteem detected

Enjay said:

No Marilyn Manson references yet? I am disappoint!

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a sizeofyoursteeple.com but I don't want to look to find out.

Marnetmar said:

Doomguy Pic

Oh God I laughed so hard when I saw that. It's just too much... And every time I scroll back up, there it is.

Kinda offtopic but are there any stories in books/movies/etc where a narcissist somehow meets with his/her identical copy (with the help of science, magic or something) and they try to become a couple? An interesting theme in my opinion (nobody understands me better than myself so I guess the best boyfriend for me would be a copy of me) but all I could find was some 20-page yuri manga.

Ha I remember hotornot.com

I wonder if there are any other sites with a similar premise to this one. Different people are attracted to different things, so I wonder how different the "beautiful people" would be based on who got ahold of the site first.

Expect that site to be full of dogs with stolen female avatars. On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Want to know something cool? According to Richard Dawkins, getting old (grey hair, wrinkly skin, etc) is caused by the accumulation of late acting genes. These genes hitch a ride with all the fit genes because individuals with late acting harmful genes are still able to reproduce, including copies of the early acing fit genes AND the late acting harmful genes. So humanity could artificially select itself to live longer simply by constantly only allowing the oldest possible people to reproduce. This would select out the late acting harmful genes or make them act even later. Life span could plausibly be extended who knows, maybe to 500 years or something, maybe 5000, maybe over 9000. So all we need is a tyranny to enforce that only old people reproduce, not beautiful people. Or something.

gggmork said:

Expect that site to be full of dogs with stolen female avatars. On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Want to know something cool? According to Richard Dawkins, getting old (grey hair, wrinkly skin, etc) is caused by the accumulation of late acting genes. These genes hitch a ride with all the fit genes because individuals with late acting harmful genes are still able to reproduce, including copies of the early acing fit genes AND the late acting harmful genes. So humanity could artificially select itself to live longer simply by constantly only allowing the oldest possible people to reproduce. This would select out the late acting harmful genes or make them act even later. Life span could plausibly be extended who knows, maybe to 500 years or something, maybe 5000, maybe over 9000. So all we need is a tyranny to enforce that only old people reproduce, not beautiful people. Or something.

Genius. If communism ever rules North America, I'm voting for you as leader.

gggmork said:

My family doesn't get old. We don't go grey / white until about 80. I have plenty of aunts and uncles in their 60s, everyone thinks they're 40.

@ gggmork: where I live we had the highest rate of teen pregnancy so it appears the opposite experiment is taking place. Will Hull, England be overrun but ancient looking thirty somethings in a generation's time?

Memfis said:

Kinda offtopic but are there any stories in books/movies/etc where a narcissist somehow meets with his/her identical copy (with the help of science, magic or something) and they try to become a couple? An interesting theme in my opinion (nobody understands me better than myself so I guess the best boyfriend for me would be a copy of me) but all I could find was some 20-page yuri manga.

Futurama did an episode where an alien went back in time and did basically that.

gggmork said:

So all we need is a tyranny to enforce that only old people reproduce, not beautiful people.

That becomes a little difficult after menopause kicks in, what's your Plan B?

gggmork said:

yeah this logic holds up no problem at all

Memfis said:

All You Zombies has a guy being his own father and mother through the magic of science. Although it's not narcissim, he isn't aware he falls in love with himself.

Phml said:

All You Zombies has a guy being his own father and mother through the magic of science. Although it's not narcissim, he isn't aware he falls in love with himself.

Jake 'the Snake' Roberts from WWF fame is his mother's brother and his father's grandson.