Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Enjay

Strife's Disk -o- Goodies

So, as a result of a conversation over at the ZDoom forum, I looked inside my Strife box and found this:

and I just wondered if anyone here ever sent this card away and received the disk. If so, what was on it? I suspect some game demos of the kind that could be found on a magazine cover disk of the time but I don't know.

(Please post legibly) ;)

Enjay said:

If so, what was on it? I suspect some game demos of the kind that could be found on a magazine cover disk of the time but I don't know.

The cynic in me suspects it's a selection of shareware/demo games, possibly influenced by the registrant's response to question 3. Suppose it's too late to post the card off and see what happens.

You should probably try to find out who is currently present in the mentioned location first.

Velocity has been out of business since third quarter 1996. Sending anything there will probably go to a gay bar, Chinese sweatshop nail styling salon, or empty ramshackle building in the middle of San Francisco.

GreyGhost said:

Or Blue Planet Software, if they haven't also been turfed out. Interestingly enough, they started up about the same time Velocity folded.

It's most likely just a coincidence, but I wonder if there's a relation. If there is, perhaps that's where Strife's IP went? Nah, probably just orphaned, fun to speculate, though.

If it's the firm Henk Rogers founded (there appears to be some confusion as to when, 95 or 96 depending on which site you visit), they're still alive and kicking but currently without a website.