Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breeder

DOOM Movie WAD

I think it was about a year or two ago that someone released a WAD for DOOM or DOOM II that was basically a clip of emo photos aligned to give it a sort of rock video effect. I don't remember many people liking it much, but I my self liked the concept in general and wanted to go back and learn from it though I can't remember where it was or what it was call.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I thought this was gonna be a wad based on the happenings in the Doom movie.

Exactly this. While we're talking about it, is there any such a wad? (preferably not a crappy one)

scifista42 said:

Exactly this. While we're talking about it, is there any such a wad?

Tons.

scifista42 said:

(preferably not a crappy one)

Oh. Uh... maybe?

scifista42 said:

Exactly this. While we're talking about it, is there any such a wad? (preferably not a crappy one)

How does one go about making a great DOOM wad tribute to a horrible movie tribute to such an awesome game anyhow?

No demons, no possession, what's there left? DNA mayhem and an over rated wrestler? I'll pass! ;)

Breeder said:

How does one go about making a great DOOM wad tribute to a horrible movie tribute to such an awesome game anyhow?

No demons, no possession, what's there left? DNA mayhem and an over rated wrestler? I'll pass! ;)

Pretty much all the changes are in the backstory, really, and that's essentially just window dressing when it comes to Doom. You'd then just have a standard Doom mapset that takes place in dimly-lit techbases on Mars, and... uh... not much else, really, I guess.

Y'know, I was trying to use this explanation as for why this could still be fun to play, since it doesn't really matter whether the monsters were demons from Hell or mutant humans, but at this point it sounds more like you'd be better off making a dimly-lit Martian techbase map without tying it into the film.