Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Antitrust lawsuit brought against Google

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/google-faces-antitrust-lawsuit-on-us-mobile-internet-search

Consumer rights law firm Hagens Berman said it filed a nationwide antitrust class-action lawsuit against Google Inc alleging the company "illegally monopolized" the Internet and mobile search market in the United States

Now I'm trying to figure out if this is more about the fact that they pre-loaded the apps or if it's about their Mobile Application Distribution Agreements. In either case I'm slightly baffled, as this to me seems to be the equivalent of suing Apple for pre-loading iPhones with Safari and then accusing them of bloating the market with it.

Good, because Google's software quality has been declining.

Microsoft was harassed and penalized for similar monopolizations for decades, so I find it perfectly okay for Google to suffer the same fate now that they're an overgrown evil corp too.

Wait, so now being the best at something is illegal on principle? That's all I can read into this.

This is about protecting consumers. That is, protecting them from great services at rock-bottom prices.

Kirby said:

Now I'm trying to figure out if this is more about the fact that they pre-loaded the apps or if it's about their Mobile Application Distribution Agreements. In either case I'm slightly baffled, as this to me seems to be the equivalent of suing Apple for pre-loading iPhones with Safari and then accusing them of bloating the market with it.

I suppose it's mainly to do vendor lock-in, which is a practice the big tech corporations have elevated to an art form.