Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

Mafia Round 2 Town Victory!

Bold text is [b ]like this[/b ], but with spaces removed. And yeah, flubbernugget is right here. That's a super scummy (mafia-like) way to vote. Remember that this is a team game and that even if you die, your team can win.

Also, this is all just a game and it's nothing personal, so keep a clear head when making your decisions. :) On that note, you've given me the first more-than-nebulous mafia tell this round. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to put my vote to you. Feel free to answer my question from before or bring up evidence as to why my vote is wrong, though.

Unvote

Vote General Rainbow Bacon

The town is indecisive, meaning no one will hang. Go to sleep now forummers, you have spared a life today.

It is now Night.

a) Mafia agents, decide by private message who you are going to kill. You must be unanimous. One of you tell me your decision by PM.
b) Doctor, tell me who you protect tonight by PM.
c) Psychopath, tell me your target by PM.
d) Detective I will tell who is left alive for you to investigate when I learn this information.
e) Insomniac I PM you if necessary.
f) Button-pusher you can tell me if you have an itchy trigger finger tonight or you can wait until the next Day.
g) Townspeople sleep well!

Somebody set up us the bomb!

No not really, but I am also curious :P

<trips over the cat while sleepwalking, bounces off a wall onto the sofa and drifts into a deep sleep while muttering "Why are we waiting?">

It is now Day 2.

The sleepy-eyed townspeople of Doomworld assemble on the village green, everyone wearing night caps and slippers, a few of you holding wax candles. And it seems like mostly ordinary threads were posted last night, nothing obscene or deranged. In fact, the [newproject] tag only had to be used on two threads in Wads and Mods, and only one kitten was killed in the Everything Else section. All in all, everything seems tidy in your quaint village.

Stranger yet, it seems all 11 of you are still alive!

Seems cause for celebration at the tavern until your eyes fall upon a note stuck to the gnarled tree at the edge of town. 5 words are scrawled, "WE WILL RETURN. EXPECT US."

The town has been fortunate enough so far, but will your lucky streak continue? Time and deliberation will tell. With 11 of you alive it takes 6 votes to lynch.

The Town uses its intelligence bonus of +2 and class ranks in the Forgery skill. The Town rolls 1d20. The result is 5, not enough to verify authorship. ;)

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
undecided: All townspeople

Either one lucky soul was protected by the doctor, or the townsfolk's indecision has proven to be contagious, or one of us is a zombie.

Don't see any reason yet to change my vote from yesterday.

Vote stewboy

Interesting. This gives us at least one confirmed role for the detective, a chance for a confirmed role for the psychopath, and what amounts to another Day 1.

I'm going to say that my questions from before are still valid, then. Input, people?

1. GreyGhost: All set

2. Clonehunter: You were watching the last game. Did a particular power role stand out to you? If you got to choose, which sort of role would you play?

3. Kirby: You seem hesitant to make or switch votes. Since you say that you're afraid of lynching the wrong person, which power role do you feel would be the most catastrophic to have lynched?

4. CorSair: You were mafia last round and avoided getting caught by being silent. Do you think that would help this round, based on what you've seen? Why or why not?

5. FreddBoy: You were mafia last round. If you had that role again, who would you choose to night kill based on what's been said? That is, who seems to be most dangerous to the mafia?

7. General Rainbow Bacon: You were the investigator last round. If you still had that role, who would you want to investigate overnight and why?

8. flubbernugget: All set

9. stewboy: You said that you would not want to vote if you weren't fairly sure of who you wanted lynched. Do you feel like changing votes paints you out to be mafia? If not, why does making a random initial vote cause you distress?

10. Doominator2: You were very quick to make a vote based on little evidence. Do you feel as if a post's content or the actual game actions of players are more important for rooting out the mafia?

11. Krispy: You were also watching last game when silence helped the mafia win. If you were playing the last game, who do you think should have been lynched first, assuming that you didn't have the results of either lynching or from the end of the game?

A rather strange night... No dead people. Either Mafia procrastinates or doctor did a fine job. I suppose doctor knows who is innocent?

And Membrain, I prefer to observe than converse, or instigate. That will be both my shield and weakness. Make that what you will.

I'd investigate Membrain. Earlier in the thread he tried to make the argument that my not knowing how to make bold text was a reason to kill me. Something that a mafia don would think up. No?

Speaking of which vote Membrain

CorSair said:

A rather strange night... No dead people. Either Mafia procrastinates or doctor did a fine job. I suppose doctor knows who is innocent?

There had to be someone that appealed both to the mafia and the doctor as potential target. There's a chance that the mafia did not manage to agree on a target (unlikely) but as it is the doctor had a range of people to pick. If both the doctor and the mafia picked the same person I wonder what the reason was? Perhaps dumb luck?

@Membrain - At this point I'd still be worried about losing an innocent townsperson by lynching. In my mind it would serve as a power boost to the mafia who would likely pick a separate target at night and therefore takeout 2 innocents. I don't feel too much is lost this early in the game, but after last night I'm wondering if I should reconsider the importance of the doctor.

For everyone's information, the Doctor cannot know Townsperson from Mafia. He can only save lives at Night to his best ability. The Detective (and potentially Psychopath) is (are) the only one(s) who can discern a person's alignment. Of course the Psychopath has a 3 other random abilities to impact his efforts.

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
stewboy (1 vote): GreyGhost
Membrain (1 vote): General Rainbow Bacon

Krispy said:

Vote General Rainbow Bacon

I see no reason to change my vote now.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I'd investigate Membrain. Earlier in the thread he tried to make the argument that my not knowing how to make bold text was a reason to kill me. Something that a mafia don would think up. No?

Speaking of which vote Membrain

Pardon? I voted for you because you used a similar defense to the mafia of last round. Right now, it's really the most I have to go on. On that note, you've now done the same thing twice in a row. Your votes seem to be entirely reactionary, rather than examining evidence from an objective standpoint. You only vote for people who vote for you, which seems very defensive to me. Do you have any reasoning behind your patterns?

@Kirby: Which role do you believe to be more crucial to the town? Cop or Doctor? Why?

@Corsair: Not participating in discussions is an easy way for mafia to pass undetected. How do you propose to be able to convince other players of your mafia candidates? Would this change if you were on the other team, be that town or mafia?

Well, the mafia doesn't do anything during the day so how else am I supposed to reason out who's who? So far, there is no evidence. I don't really think someone being quiet is a good enough reason.

So, you're tactics are all I have to go on too.

I'm keeping the vote on for now, unless you are able to prove you aren't mafia.

Also, I didn't pay attention to the last round after I was killed off.

@Membrain - Not sure. Having not really played through one of these I'd have to see which one could have more value.

Vote stewboy

I see no bit of activity from him the last two pages

I've been pretty busy the last few days, unfortunately. I swear I haven't just forgotten about this!
Vote Kirby for no other reason than that he voted me.

Kirby said:

There had to be someone that appealed both to the mafia and the doctor as potential target. There's a chance that the mafia did not manage to agree on a target (unlikely) but as it is the doctor had a range of people to pick.

Something along this, though the odds of the doctor and the mafia picking the same person have to astronomical (Probably not, but I'm not good at math). Probably just luck.

Vote Kirby. There may be some examples of the silent ones being mafia, but in some cases it just looks like someone throwing someone else under a bus.

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
stewboy (2 votes): GreyGhost, Kirby
Membrain (1 vote): General Rainbow Bacon
General Rainbow Bacon (1 vote): Krispy
Kirby (2 votes): stewboy, Clonehunter

Kirby said:

I don't feel too much is lost this early in the game, but after last night I'm wondering if I should reconsider the importance of the doctor.

I could say it would be just dumb luck, but Doctor could be very, very useful if he knows how to play. If Doc saved someone last night, he could know who's innocent. Detective is more powerful who's who, though, but both knowing well their role are crucial.

@Membrain
As I said, I observe. And I try to give conclusions, but only when I feel it is beneficial to do so. Getting cards out too early can backfire. To whom, me, Mafia or town, is your decision.
And the latter question, no. Wouldn't it be logical to go along with town, and if being Mafia, giving misinformation?

Seems like the mafia forgot how to play! But on a serious note, I really can't figure out who is who, must be all this red bull frying my brain!
Anywho, it feels like there's a lot of bad blood in the thread (which is good!) Keeps everyone on their toes, and watching their backs too... But I'm just putting my 2p in and saying too much or too little talking is never a good way to see what role someone plays. It's what they are SAYING is the tell ;)

Oh, and before I forget, another random vote choice is:

vote Kirby

CorSair said:

@Membrain
As I said, I observe. And I try to give conclusions, but only when I feel it is beneficial to do so. Getting cards out too early can backfire. To whom, me, Mafia or town, is your decision.
And the latter question, no. Wouldn't it be logical to go along with town, and if being Mafia, giving misinformation?

CorSair is either an important role, the mafia, or highly self focused. I'm leaning towards mafia. CorSair, remember that the mafia needs to protect themselves a lot more than the town. Being afraid to die if you're an unimportant role is going to screw us all.

vote CorSair

General Bacon I'm still really suspicious of you. Don't be surprised if I change my vote for you soon.

flubbernugget said:

Being afraid to die if you're an unimportant role is going to screw us all.

So the common townsfolk should be willing to die for the greater good? My instinct for self preservation says otherwise.

flubbernugget said:

We're not cutting your head off for real any time soon.

Not yet, but who knows where this game might lead us. ;)