Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

Mafia Round 2 Town Victory!

GreyGhost said:

So the common townsfolk should be willing to die for the greater good? My instinct for self preservation says otherwise.

Just want to mention that you still win with the town if you die, so a real townie shouldn't mind being lynched as much as mafia. That's why we're all suspicious of those who are more panicky when accused of being mafia. Supporting your decision with logic is generally good form. Becoming very defensive at the first sign of a vote on you is a mafia tell.

Also, updating my list of questions for those of you who have not replied. I'd edit my old post, but that's not good mafia form, so here's the most updated version of the questions I've posed. Any takers? :P (Anything in bold is new or pertinent information.)

1. GreyGhost: All set

2. Clonehunter: All set

3. Kirby: All set

4. CorSair: All set

5. FreddBoy: You were mafia last round. If you had that role again, who would you choose to night kill based on what's been said? That is, who seems to be most dangerous to the mafia? Also, you seem to be doing a lot of random votes even though we're getting more information. Any reason for this?

7. General Rainbow Bacon: All set

8. flubbernugget: All set

9. stewboy: You said that you would not want to vote if you weren't fairly sure of who you wanted lynched. Do you feel like changing votes paints you out to be mafia? If not, why does making a random initial vote cause you distress?

10. Doominator2: You were very quick to make a vote based on little evidence. Do you feel as if a post's content or the actual game actions of players are more important for rooting out the mafia?

11. Krispy: You were also watching last game when silence helped the mafia win. If you were playing the last game, who do you think should have been lynched first, assuming that you didn't have the results of either lynching or from the end of the game?

Membrain said:

Just want to mention that you still win with the town if you die, so a real townie shouldn't mind being lynched as much as mafia.

I still think it's taking the "good neighbor" policy a bit far.

Maybe I should play some team deathmatch, learn how to take a hit for the team. That'll probably happen a lot since my reflexes aren't what they used to be. ;)

11. Krispy: You were also watching last game when silence helped the mafia win. If you were playing the last game, who do you think should have been lynched first, assuming that you didn't have the results of either lynching or from the end of the game?

Actually I wasn't paying attention that well.

Membrain,
If I was mafia, I'd simply follow the "heard" when it came to lynching, and if I got too many votes, try and get people to focus on others (as I did with you and flubbernugget being the ones on the chopping block by the end of day one!) If I had to kill one member in the night, it would be a group decision amongst the other mafia. If I personaly had to kill in the night, I'd go over my targets posts and see if they give away sky info, making the decision easier (kind of like what your doing, but more covertly ;). That said, I'd go for someone "in the middle", as they have (in my experience) mostly held back as they either have a very good power, or a passive power that at the start is weak, but comes much better when the game goes on.
Any way, I would have thought my random posting with "subtle" hints in them would be better than saying. Can't trust anyone enough to show your role can you?

Public prod = Doominator2 & stewboy

A message has arrived to the two of you: "Please post in this thread (the 2 of you) with content relevant to the game.
Thank you. :)

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
stewboy (2 votes): GreyGhost, Kirby
Membrain (1 vote): General Rainbow Bacon
General Rainbow Bacon (1 vote): Krispy
Kirby (3 votes): stewboy, Clonehunter, FreddBoy
CorSair (1 vote): flubbernugget

Undecided: Doominator2, Membrain, CorSair

Okay, since stewboy at the very least poked his head in he's more up to date than some others.

Unvote stewboy

Vote Doominator2

Doominator2 is now the longest absent, having not said a word during the entire second day.

I need to watch myself, as I have 3 votes already pending (1 arbitrary, 2 seemingly random). Clonehunter never did say why he voted for me, even if I imagine it as another random vote.

I awake from sleeping in most of day 2 as I need my rest, As I was a sleep I had a dream of a tall man wearing a golden mask. He walked me along a misty corridor, he showed me 2 names that were caved in a stone wall, CorSair and Membrain, As I touched the engraving of the name CorSair the engraving of the name Membrain faded away. That was when my dream ended.

Doominator2 said:

As I was a sleep I had a dream of a tall man wearing a golden mask.

My dreams often include conversations with dead relatives, none of whom are following this thread so they're no help. Just hope it's not a sign I'll soon be joining them.

To bandwagon, or not to bandwagon. That is the question. This could be a mafia plot to engineer the lynching of the forummer they failed to assassinate last night. In which case, the logical response is -

Unvote stewboy

Vote Doominator2

The Town Narrator has no problem with role-playing, but he timidly suggests you keep all bold text to a minimum unless you are voting or unvoting. A deadline is being set, 48 hours from this exact post. If 6 votes are not reached, the Town moves forward with a no-lynch decision by default.

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
General Rainbow Bacon (1 vote): Krispy
Kirby (3 votes): stewboy, Clonehunter, FreddBoy
CorSair (4 votes): flubbernugget, Doominator2, Kirby, General Rainbow Bacon
Doominator2 (1 vote): GreyGhost
Undecided: Membrain, CorSair

Looks like almost everyone is me. Life is.

Vote Kirby. Doominator2 is also prime suspect. Doesn't it seem to be a one real coincidence for both voting same persons?

Clonehunter got some unwanted attention.

Stewboy and General Rainbow Bacon have been bit absent at times. Silence can be deadly, after all.

Krispy, Greyghost and Freddboy are still mystery for me.

flubbernugget seems to be beneficial, because he might have found one who could be innocent, from day one:

flubbernugget said:

Right now, if I were the doctor, I would protect you because you keep finding ways to keep the game going. That being said, I highly suggest the detective investigates Membrain tonight. If he isn't mafia, he would be a huge asset to us for this reason. We just need to find a way to prove it without the cop getting killed for revealing his role.

This is a long shot, but if doctor saved someone, would it be Membrain then? And guess who wanted to lynch him on Day one? I'll live or die with this hunch.

I have spoken.

CorSair said:

This is a long shot, but if doctor saved someone, would it be Membrain then?

Not knowing who to trust, the doctor probably chose to save himself last night and the mafia had another of their very lucky guesses - or our narrator should scan his PC for keyloggers. If I'm correct, they can either try to orchestrate a lynching (which is why I'm looking suspiciously at Doominator2 and his "dream") or kill the doctor tonight.

Doominator2 said:

I awake from sleeping in most of day 2 as I need my rest, As I was a sleep I had a dream of a tall man wearing a golden mask. He walked me along a misty corridor, he showed me 2 names that were caved in a stone wall, CorSair and Membrain, As I touched the engraving of the name CorSair the engraving of the name Membrain faded away. That was when my dream ended.

So basically if CorSair is mafia you're the button pusher.

For now, everyone else, except Kirby and General Rainbow Bacon, are innocent.

Either way, I am already dead.

I'm not sure my vote should be surprising, as I based it off of Domminator2's post. I've thought the same thing as GreyGhost, that this is a false prophecy and we are being led on a wild chase. In either case we won't find out unless we lynch one of the names Doominator2 posted.

If you are lynched CorSair and turn out to be innocent everyone's focus becomes Doominator2 and the false prophecy, making him a prime suspect for giving us blatantly false info. If he's making up the dream bit then why post it at all? He'd have to know that if we lynch an innocent based on what he told us then he would be the next prime suspect for lynching. Either way that would acruay give us information to go on.

flubbernugget said:

So basically if CorSair is mafia you're the button pusher.

Or we're meant to think he's the psychopath, who has a 1 in 4 chance of doing some sleuthing.

This whole dream thing reeks of a ploy. I feel like it's either the result of a button push that just got pasted wholesale or a sort of roundabout way to try to claim cop and get a lynch based on it.

More likely, though, it's a mafia ploy to hunt for roles. It's not quite as blatant as a role claim, but it pulls everyone out of the woodwork.

Vote Doominator2

IS there any more information we can get from you, Doominator2?

Membrain said:

IS there any more information we can get from you, Doominator2?

What information, do you need now? My disturbing dream has already been haunting my thoughts throughout the day. I see the tall man from my dream every where I go, I see him on the corners of alley's, I even saw him gazing at me through my kitchen window.

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
Kirby (4 votes): stewboy, Clonehunter, FreddBoy, CorSair
CorSair (5 votes): flubbernugget, Doominator2, Kirby, General Rainbow Bacon, Krispy
Doominator2 (2 votes): GreyGhost, Membrain
Undecided: no one

*lights corncob pipe* Top of the morning Town. Progress toward a decision, that's something. 24 hours from this post (or around there) is a good deadline.

I'm assuming this is where the next person to change his vote to CorSair gets lynched next round, unless he's revealed to be mafia.

Unvote Kirby

Vote CorSair

"That's it, ready the hangman's noose," one of you growls. CorSair is walked in a straight line in front of the assembled group and everyone seems convinced the decision they've reached is the right one.

After CorSair finishes dancing the dead man's jig, one of you thinks to look inside his home. His house was stocked with healing reagents and surgeon's tools. Truly, he was the Town Doctor and had perhaps served his purpose to you.

There are now 10 players remaining. It is now Night 2.

a) Mafia agents, decide by private message who you are going to kill. You must be unanimous. One of you tell me your decision by PM.
b) Psychopath, tell me your target by PM.
c) Detective I will tell who is left alive for you to investigate when I learn this information.
d) Insomniac I PM you if necessary.
e) Button-pusher you can tell me if you have an itchy trigger finger tonight or you can wait until the next Day.
f) Townspeople sleep well!

Well, damn, there goes an important role! Where will we all get our anusol, pro plus and asprin now!?

Same place, only now we're getting a five-finger discount. ;)

<dons a freshly laundered kevlar and ring-mail nightshirt, and hopes for the best>

Clonehunter said:

Well shit...

This. While I was willing to make this vote and risk lynching an innocent I'm more dismayed to learn we just lost the doctor.
Regardless, we will move forward.

It is now Day 3. The survivors huddle around the town square. A few of you forgot to wear trousers this morning. That's not all that's missing, either.

Flubbernugget is absent. You find him with a bullet in the back of his head, sprawled on the floor of his basement with chalk drawings all over his walls and decorative tattoos running up and down his arms. The ceiling seems to be painted with colorful clouds of green & purple, scribbles of a map of the milky way galaxy and careful notations about when the "other beings" are due to arrive in our dimension. He was the Town Psychopath and he is dead. Best wishes in these dark times, brave villagers.

There are now 9 of you left alive. It takes 5 to lynch.

Vote Doominator2

Going with the logic I stated earlier. CorSair was not mafia, all my attention is now on Doominator2