Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Actor Bob Hoskins Dead at 71

On April 29, 2014, British actor Bob Hoskins had died of Pneumonia. He was also diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2011. His most famous film was the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit, where he played the character Eddie Valiant. He also had a good American accent in that film even though he was British, and it really fooled me there for a moment. So my condolences go to his friends and family, and he will indeed be missed.

Read this for more information:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/30/showbiz/obit-bob-hoskins/

Gonna miss that guy.

Even though I don't know him personally; or watched any of his movies except Roger Rabbit...

Well I guess I've watched at least 3 other movies with that guy in it. I just wasn't paying attention to the credits.

... I shouldn't really be saying I'm actually gonna miss him; but it's a nice thing to say.

Condolences.

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit" is one of my favorite films of all time and I can't imagine anyone other than Hoskins playing the lead role. He was amazing. If you watch some behind the scenes stuff, his dedication to the character of Eddie Valiant is really something.

He was british? I remember him from Who Framed Roger Rabbit and from Super Mario Bros movie in which he played Mario

The only real role I remember him from is Mario in the live action Mario movie.

RIP Bob Hoskins. A phenemonal actor, yes Who framed Roger rabbit is a film and a half, but I am ashamed none of you mentioned The Long Good Friday which is probably the greatest gangster films of all time. Did you know, that his career began as a mistake? He was mistaken as an audition and played along with it as a joke.

Another awesome character who has sadly left us. Remember watching the Long good Friday with him in it, and that was a great film. Remember watching a documentary about him long ago, in which he accidentally auditioned for a part that would lead him first to the stage, then Hollywood.
And by accidentally I mean he got half cut in the bar of the acting union he was having a few pints in, the caster came in and said you're next, and he replied "Oh lovely. Next for what?" And the rest they say is history...