Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Something Wrong With 3DArchives?

I just tried downloading a couple Doom2 levels off the 3DArchives place, and it kept giving me a "Cannot find server" error. I've tried just clicking on random levels and attempting to download them, but no matter what I do, it keeps giving me the old "Cannot find server" error. It's never done up till now. Has anyone else experienced this problem yet, if ever?

it works for me, it just opens up a new window with the "cannot display the page" error but when you click "go" on it it will download the file you want. Hope this helps doomboy.com!

that DRUG DEALER orion said:
it works for me, it just opens up a new window with the "cannot display the page" error but when you click "go" on it it will download the file you want.

Thanks for the help, DRUG DEALER!

Hope this helps doomboy.com!

Uh....right.

Yeah it's been weird the last coupla days.I've been trying to download stuff and make links but more often than not I've been getting 'Bad Gateway' or 'Cannot find server' or'Cannot display page' but upon re-trying,eventually,I've got through.
I've also noticed it's been very busy,always with near max users.

I've noticed that as well. Every now and then, it makes me "login", probably because of all the people using the ftp.

Don't you guys listen? It just errors out when there are too many users currently logged on (read: browsing the ftp or downloading). Just try again.

Lots of public ftps have a user count of 1000 or more. In those cases you can usually get in, with some of them you have to hammer for a while.

All three 3D Downloads servers apparantly have 5 user limit between them, so good fucking luck.

Try copying and pasting the link into an ftp hammering program, or use GetRight or some other download manager that can be aggressive, or pay attention because this is probably the 9th thread about this shit.

I'd ream you both but my cigarette is close to out now and I don't want to burn my fingers so I'm going to quit typing.

deadnail said:

Don't you guys listen?

Yeah not only do we listen but we figured it out(It's the first thread I've read on this,I don't read them all ya no).Thanks for the advice btw,very useful.And oh don't forget about that cigarette whilst you're reading this,we wouldn't want you to 'ream' yourself now would we? ;)

magikal said:
we wouldn't want you to 'ream' yourself now would we? ;)

If I could I would never leave the house.

Ct_red_pants said:

opps, that should read:
Dummheit kann nicht beraten werden

LOL

3darchives is working fine, it's archives.3dgamers.com that's being a bitch.

Ct_red_pants said:

opps, that should read:
Dummheit kann nicht beraten werden

gee, I wonder what that could mean =]

orion said:

quick! Someone translate that into english!

I don't know german, but let me try guessing randomly... "Stupidity cannot be concealed"

heh, I was being sarcastic, but then when I saw it I couldn't feel all that sarcasm comming from it so I edited it =P