Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What about Leo Martin Lim?

Leo Martin Lim was the creator of "Doomsday of UAC", an extremely early and also extremely great E1M8 map modification for Doom.

Have we ever heard about him since the release of this stuff?

I have not seen anything from him from my knowledge since.

There are a few oldschool mappers I'd like to see more from, particularly Lisa Moore and hell, at least half of the rest of TeamTNT.

Occasionally I wonder what authors of classic maps or megawads would have made if they stuck around till now, thankfully the Doom community manages to keep some people like Capellan and vorpal around to occasionally do so :P

Katamori, we agree about Leo Martin Lim and Doomsday of The UAC. This is one of my all-time favorite maps, even though it's very easy. Lim discovered the "crystal sector" trick, and the invisible staircase that resulted from this remains the most awe-inspiring sight I've ever encountered in a Doom map.

Watched your playthrough on YouTube. Too bad you missed that one secret area which had probably the best fight.

I did notice a lot of poor texturing in terms of texture cut-offs and alignment, but there was no visual mode or auto-align in those days. What I really like aside from the invisible stairs is the excellent lighting, some of the realism tricks, the use of objects in the center of rooms to add visual interest, and the way-cool 666 trick. Awesome stuff.

Marcaek said:

There are a few oldschool mappers I'd like to see more from, particularly Lisa Moore and hell, at least half of the rest of TeamTNT.

Occasionally I wonder what authors of classic maps or megawads would have made if they stuck around till now, thankfully the Doom community manages to keep some people like Capellan and vorpal around to occasionally do so :P

Dont forget the glorious return of Sverre :p

Sverre Kvernmo returned to Doom, his account here is Soundblock. Hes even released a new map, Plasmaplant, a wonderfully massive map that is a glorious combination of Eternal Doom and Cabal.

It seems quite a few authors in 1994 released one, two or three maps and they were done, never to be seen and heard from again.

Christopher Buteau is an example with TeamTNT, a infamous map for TNT and a great map for Icarus and that was it.