Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
36appl0912

DOOM themed halloween attraction

I know that the time of year is off, but considering my somewhat recent thread about the Hell Knight prop I began to wonder. Considering DOOM 4 is coming up, Universal should do a DOOM themed haunted house just like they have done for other games. Whether or not DOOM 4 will be a success is another topic, but if it is it would make a lot of sense. With their budget, it could be pulled off nicely and they did produce the DOOM film. Tell me what you would like to see!

People called Flynn, Arlene and Buddy saving the world.

A Hell Baron (Doom 3 version) bursting through the wall with glowing yellow eyes would be cool.

Lost souls as human skulls burning with an actual fire, flying above people's heads. Low.

Various hellspawn - imps, pinkies, archviles, (D3) wraiths and trites - as moving models at least, and growling too.

Real techbase replicas to walk through - with doors, lifts, green-lit nukage. And of course the abovementioned demons, in dark corners, as the scary part.

Fleshy wall decorations. Including parts like horns, eyes, hellish ornaments.

Guns. Let every visitor to borrow the Doom's guns models (as some kind of interactive game controllers) and shoot the demons (on a screen, maybe).

Converting some of the "Lost Adventure" area or whatever it's called at Island's of Adventure would be cool. I think they d a lot of Jurassic Park themed stuff too, though, during Halloween, but maybe a crossover. Dinosaur Demons, anyone?

Alternative routes on walkable areas which you can find by pushing walls, parts where you have to use night vision goggles, Moving animatronics with great detail. I would love to see believable archvile

Doom 3 Mars base and animatronic Doom 3 Hell Knights and wheelchair Demons.

All I can think about when I read the title is some neglected "haunted house" in a provincial carnival, filled with tacky papier-mache demons and some 70s-style hand-drawn artwork on cracked plywood panels :-p

Best haunted house ever: Combine Monster Condo with Bloodfalls and play the song from Open Season on an endless loop.

I never really saw the appeal of haunted houses, when I was a child I went through my first and it didn't even scare nor startle me at all. :/

I remember a "Dante's Inferno" themed pub once, called "Lucifer Young" or something like that in Padua, Italy: a kitsch affair with some tacky and miserable papier-mache devils and a neon sign saying "Abandon all hopes, oh ye who enter..."

You'll be at Universal Studios. There'll be little space ships you get in to experience the ride, and you'll hear young kids clamor "I want to be on the ships, Daddy!". Their fathers, however, will just reply with a stern "No! You will be kill by demons!"

They'll believe their fathers for the time being. But as they get oldered, they'll stop. But they knew, back then, that there were demons.

...but dumb-fun fan-fiction references aside, I expect it'd basically be like Pirates of the Carribean at Disney World, only with demons, gore, and lots of pop-scares. Probably a segment where you "teleport" from the UAC base you start in to Hell itself, and perhaps back again only to realize Hell has invaded Earth and it's selling you photos of you screaming like a little kid for $10-20.

Alternatively, maybe something like Star Tours, but you fly through Doom settings instead.

A game of survival lazer tag set in a warped Diemos base with employees dressed as zombies.

purist said:

A game of survival lazer tag set in a warped Diemos base with employees dressed as zombies.

DOOM laser tag would be amazing. One team would wear Doomguy's green armor (minus helmet) while the opposing team would wear armor that looked like an Imp or Hellknight. The environment could be a mix of Doom 3 and Episode 1 style tech base. Maybe a Hell arena too?

RUSH said:

DOOM laser tag would be amazing. One team would wear Doomguy's green armor (minus helmet) while the opposing team would wear armor that looked like an Imp or Hellknight. The environment could be a mix of Doom 3 and Episode 1 style tech base. Maybe a Hell arena too?

Or make it deathwatch style? Opposing team wears red?

RUSH said:

And dont forget DOOM sound effects