Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After the success of my first deathmatch map, SquareDM.pk3, I decided to make an even better one, called Da Hood, AKA Dahoodv1.1.pk3. In this deathmatch map you run around a realistic ghetto of Detroit, using real ghetto weapons such as an Uzi or an AK47 to kill your rivals! You get to choose from 3 different mega ghetto skins that are included in the map. This map is so realistic and true to life that you will really feel like a gangsta in the hard and rough neighborhoods of Detroit. Best played with nashgore.wad so that you can add to the realistic hood-like atmosphere. Don't use Brutal Doom because the gangsta skins wont show up, and it will suck. Only tested in Zandronum and Detroit. Have fun!

Reviews:
"11/10 I really felt like I was in the hood where I grew up." -IGN
"0/10 what is this crap" -Mr. Chris
"Hi mom" -Billy Buttcrack

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgiexo665hkxysn/Screenshot_Doom_20140504_155949.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/barhlrttjy9jqc8/Screenshot_Doom_20140504_163413.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqozcjfa7wy4kgp/Screenshot_Doom_20140504_162230.png

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/60rpz54lje5349v/Dahoodv1.1.zip

What on Earth? But you get a spiritual five stars just because your write up and reviews are so good.

As someone who has had firsthand experience testing this with Canofbacon himself, I can confirm that this is not only the most enjoyment I've gotten from a deathmatch in a while, but also the single most accurate simulation of a Detroit gang fight I have ever played. It was like I was a real thug! Download this shizzle, mah mizzles! Praise be to Jizzle!

(Gah, I'm not even caucasian and I still feel way too white to say this x_x)

Confirmed to work in ZDoom, GZDoom, PrBoom+, PrBoom++, PrBoom+++, and any other equivalent ports.

The thread or the wad?

Living near Milwaukee, I can confirm this is an accurate representation of gang fights and overall gang life. You have really done your research, and I applaud you. This is perhaps the best Nigger Shooting Simulation I have ever wandered upon (And haven't actually played).

Looks like another crap mod by Bacon to me. Quality, not quantity my friend.

Canofbacon said:

Only tested in Zandronum and Detroit.

It crashed Detroit when I tried to play it. 700,000 dead. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Seriously though, the map was just, well... random and not even funny. This thread is funnier than the map, in fact.

This is the best city-like map I've seen in a long while, I think you went overboard with the detail a little actually, made my PC lag.

It really reminded me of growing up in the hood, I had a poster on my wall of a really sunburned dude in a beanie, brought back memories...

That rap is pure gold, where can I find it?

Cell said:

Make a version for singleplayer. DM-only stuff gets insta-sucks from me.

I'm to lazy. Plus the only idea I can come up with for a singleplayer version is adding a BossEye that spawns racist cops. That might work out, but it would be very similar to this.

Doomkid92 said:

That rap is pure gold, where can I find it?

Right here. I also applaud you for being one of the only people to download this.

If he used actual MP3s of copyrighted rap songs, this would be nuked off of /idgames/ almost immediately.

The guy who made the song give his entire album away for free in the description of the video. So I doubt he cares to much.

It's no wonder America's murder rate is something like 4 times that of the UK. In this world, only one country seems to actively promote the killing of its own people by making it into a game.

MajorRawne said:

It's no wonder America's murder rate is something like 4 times that of the UK. In this world, only one country seems to actively promote the killing of its own people by making it into a game.

You're right. We need a GTA game set in the UK putting you in the shoes of a child murderer for hire who rides dolphins into battle against the Irish.

Clonehunter said:

You're right. We need a GTA game set in the UK putting you in the shoes of a child murderer for hire who rides dolphins into battle against the Irish.

Clonehunter's sarcasm game is strong.

Canofbacon said:

The guy who made the song give his entire album away for free in the description of the video. So I doubt he cares to much.

As long as he isn't with a music label, then it should be OK.