Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

Chaos at McDonalds!

Hello everyone, Canofbacon here, back with another hardcore deathmatch map! You all loved my first two, so I figured I would make one more. I probably won't make another unless I get a really good idea for one. Anyway, in this one you get to join a raging redneck protest against a McDonalds in Tennessee that has got out of control. The redneck fat people are mad that the price of a Big Mac has gone up one penny. You don't get to pick up any weapons, instead you spawn with a good little armory to slaughter fatties in Tennessee. I really tried to place myself in the place of a white trash protestor, thinking, "What firearms would a typical Tennessee man have on him?" Then I knew exactly what weapons I should put in when I was reading through a gun magazine I picked up from the local idiot on the street. So I added a Double Bladed Chainsaw, Gauntlets, a Heavy Chaingun, a shotgun, and a pistol. I didn't add any custom skins this time, however I may add them in a future version or something who knows. Only tested online with Zandronum.

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v5gw7bmaam0wde/camd1.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjs038gc9vqh4hj/camd2.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjvabem95l5nesb/camd3.png

Download link, ya'll!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8uuvujfm4zbrk7/ChoasAtMcDonalds.zip

Note: I realize I misspelled the name of my own WAD when typing the name for the zip file, I was just to lazy to fix it. I also have nothing against people from Tennessee, and I am from there myself.

I actually wish the countertops at McDonald's were made of skulls now, it'd send an interesting message.

I can't download this! It will absolutely decimate my shitty toaster of a computer with that high level of impressive detail and realism shown in the screenshots!

RIP anything with less than 32Gigs of RAM.

Seriously now, if you merged this with the hood map you did and added things like a KFC, a strip club and even some economy housing estates you could have your own (insert racist joke location like Detroit here).

Breezeep said:

so, when are you going to make something that has effort put into it?

Hey you liked Squaredm.pk3 don't lie.

Can't say I really enjoyed this wad. This is something that a lot of inexperienced map authors seem to neglect, and I think it needs to be brought to your attention. So, first off, the main thing you need to do here is add more anime.

Memfis said:

wait, when did haruhi wear a grey skirt

Never. It's supposed to be blue, however I wasn't playing with OpenGL so the PNG Truecolor blew up. I'm not going to retake the screenshot with OpenGL on just so the skirt will be blue lol.

Memfis said:

wait, when did haruhi wear a grey skirt

since 1994 colour palettes

Why don't you make something *reasonable* like a regular map and not some hacky nonsense using one sided cutout sprites, memes or stupid textures/skies?

You know, like a standalone Doom or Doom 2 map?

Mr. Chris said:

Actually he has made those kind of maps before. Just search his author name to find some of his earliest wads that were mostly single Doom 2 levels.

Because he doesn't want to?

If he's having fun making these and people are having fun playing them, I don't see too much of a problem. Just as long as they don't turn nasty or he doesn't try shoving them in people's faces.

Mr. Chris said:

Why don't you make something *reasonable* like a regular map and not some hacky nonsense using one sided cutout sprites, memes or stupid textures/skies?

Imback55 is right, you see, when I first started mapping for Doom one year ago, I created what you would say... "normal" levels for Doom 2. When I published my levels to /idgames, everyone would call them bland and boring and whatever else, which was true, don't get me wrong. Even with all the criticism, I continued making maps to try to get better and maybe one day make something everyone liked. After the release of Hell's Janitor (one of my only maps that some people liked), I started to explore more jokewads and terrywads and things like that. I became very inspired by the work of Doomguy 2000 (most people have figured this out), so I decided to give making a jokewad a shot. I teamed up with my friend from school, Calmperson, who was pretty funny and had a sense of humor that I liked. Together we produced Save the World!, and I found I had much more fun making WADs like this with my friend than normal stuff, and he enjoyed it too. So yeah, that's why I create the WADs that I do and not normal stuff. Don't bother looking for the old levels, because they are off the archives now, except for Hell's Janitor. However Mr. Chris, I did make a WAD which you might like called Hello Kitty. You might like that, but I dunno. I understand that you don't like my work but I'm not going to stop just because you or someone else doesn't like it.

Obsidian said:

Because he doesn't want to?

If he's having fun making these and people are having fun playing them, I don't see too much of a problem. Just as long as they don't turn nasty or he doesn't try shoving them in people's faces.

I highly doubt that they will turn nasty anytime soon.

You know, if I ever decide to attempt WOOO 2 ("How 2 WOOO" maybe?), I would really love you to contribute.

Seriously.

Maybe one day I will start that... Maybe.

As long as you don't go into Terry territory, I won't be on your case.

Yeah, just because bacon's stuff is silly doesn't make it Terrylicious. This is a common misconception amongst doomers. Downloading now because I love goofy stuff in doom, as long as it doesn't change player settings or have ear rape or anything like that. (the hood was hilarious)

Doomkid92 said:

Yeah, just because bacon's stuff is silly doesn't make it Terrylicious. This is a common misconception amongst doomers. Downloading now because I love goofy stuff in doom, as long as it doesn't change player settings or have ear rape or anything like that. (the hood was hilarious)

Goofiness in Doom is a fine line to walk, but it can certainly be a nice change of pace from the usual super-serious themes.

Any plans on making SP maps with this kind of vibe Canofbacon?

plums said:

Goofiness in Doom is a fine line to walk, but it can certainly be a nice change of pace from the usual super-serious themes.

Any plans on making SP maps with this kind of vibe Canofbacon?

Well like I said I have made singleplayer maps before, my most popular one being Knee-Deep in the Money, but that would probably be called stupid not goofy by most people.

If I'm keeping count right, which by no means am I, then you have about 24 maps to go before you get your own megawad.

On 5/11/2014 at 9:12 AM, Canofbacon said:

Hello everyone, Canofbacon here, back with another hardcore deathmatch map! You all loved my first two, so I figured I would make one more. I probably won't make another unless I get a really good idea for one. Anyway, in this one you get to join a raging redneck protest against a McDonalds in Tennessee that has got out of control. The redneck fat people are mad that the price of a Big Mac has gone up one penny. You don't get to pick up any weapons, instead you spawn with a good little armory to slaughter fatties in Tennessee. I really tried to place myself in the place of a white trash protestor, thinking, "What firearms would a typical Tennessee man have on him?" Then I knew exactly what weapons I should put in when I was reading through a gun magazine I picked up from the local idiot on the street. So I added a Double Bladed Chainsaw, Gauntlets, a Heavy Chaingun, a shotgun, and a pistol. I didn't add any custom skins this time, however I may add them in a future version or something who knows. Only tested online with Zandronum.

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v5gw7bmaam0wde/camd1.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjs038gc9vqh4hj/camd2.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjvabem95l5nesb/camd3.png

Download link, ya'll!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8uuvujfm4zbrk7/ChoasAtMcDonalds.zip

Note: I realize I misspelled the name of my own WAD when typing the name for the zip file, I was just to lazy to fix it. I also have nothing against people from Tennessee, and I am from there myself.

Do you still have this? The link's dead.

Last visit was April 4th, so you might be in luck. That being said, it's generally a better idea to send a message to the author directly instead of bumping an almost 8 year old thread.