Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MajorRawne

Giant monsters?

Does anyone know where I can download giant monsters for use in my maps, or any wads that have them in? I've seen a few on Youtube, the one that really stuck with me is that giant blue Hell Baron.

Beware that if you scale the values correctly, you'll really be powerless against them.

You better use sprites from games with a better definition then Doom for giant monsters, otherwise you will have giant pixels on the screen, using the scale property. It's generally used to decrease sizes, increasing should be used with caution.

Thanks gents. I saw one video with a giant woman with a dildo up her arse and the sprite looked so bad the scale function had clearly been abused. Well she was about 100 feet tall after all.

Maybe I'll use it to slightly up-scale Baron-style monsters, make leaders out of them. I'm not interested in creating the Doom equivalent of Penance, with ridiculous HP and super-powered attacks.

This is maybe a retarded question but it's been so long I've forgotten: can I simply drag Bestiary monsters into a wad file using Slade, or do I need to use another program - XWE? Would anyone be able to give me some brief pointers and not just refer me to a Wiki article that requires foreknowledge?

I'm not sure about this but IIRC you can create big monsters via scripts in the zdoom doom in hexen format/UDMF along with it's health, speed and more.

I'll add Armageddon to the list of maps to check out, but aren't there two projects with that name?

How would the script work? Would it be along the lines of choosing an individual thing, eg a Hell Baron with thing number 232, then specifying some kind of scale parameter for thing 232? Wouldn't it be easier to just find or create a new monster, or would scripting one offer more flexibility.