Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

The sad tale of Duke Nukem Forever

Satyr000 said:

I just wish they would stop fucking around and release the DNF source code and the modding tools. DNF did have it's moments and the potential for a great game is there. I'm sure the Duke community could do great things with DNF, if they where simply given the tools to do so. Also, mod's sell video games.

That is the entire reason Doom 4 has taken such a long time to come out. Midway through development, Doom 4 was scrapped and Id started over. More or less because Doom 4 was such a stripped down "modern fps" it was jokingly being called Call Of Doom.

I think that post did say there would be an editor. They're probably hard at work making Duke Fivenever.

Now that PS4 and XBone came out I wonder if Doom 4 will have to be reworked. They should have a PS3 and XB360 version since those two platforms have more than PS4 and XBone.

geo said:

Now that PS4 and XBone came out I wonder if Doom 4 will have to be reworked. They should have a PS3 and XB360 version since those two platforms have more than PS4 and XBone.

I'm glad that Epic decided "screw this" and the upcoming Unreal Tournament will be PC only (at least that's what has been announced). Looking at DNF's story, making it compatible with consoles significantly added to its failure.

Patrol1985 said:

I'm glad that Epic decided "screw this" and the upcoming Unreal Tournament will be PC only (at least that's what has been announced). Looking at DNF's story, making it compatible with consoles significantly added to its failure.

Yeah DNF should've said fuck off consoles released it just for PC and then came up with console exclusives from the ground up using resources from DNF.