Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

(WIP) Hell Keep inspired remake map

if it were me I would add some pillars along the wall in one or two places, raise the entire ceiling by a bit, and have the pillars jut out from the wall to the sky sector, if you know what I mean. some more structural detail stuff. that's just me though

Some ideas:
* draw thin cracks in the floor at a lower floor height, with a red or lava flat.
* some metal pillars against the wall, or even where the non-sky ceiling ends
* grates in the wall with a fire texture behind it
* a big ol' pentagram floating in the sky

I agree with Tango (I wouldn't probably come up with that, but as he said it, I agree). "Structural" detail is a good thing. Focus on it more than on purposeless wall detail. One more thing I'd add: Avoid the room being basically rectangular shaped, if you can. Rectangular-esque rooms tend to be stale and uninteresting, even if well detailed or with smooth edges. Make it for example 'U' shaped, or smoothly 'L' shaped, something like that, at least a bit of leeway from a regular rectangle. Of course, the best thing is if you can employ some (floor) height variation, but that's probably what you wouldn't want to do with your particular room.

You could maybe make some windows starting from the ground and raising to the top of the first full red brick, block them with a mid-bars and darken the sectors behind it to imply subterranean dungeons.

Looks... great! Be careful about alignment of the bricks. But I definitely see your room as a pretty good attempt at a Hell Keep remake.

If you're already using slopes, I can recommend making the middle ceiling traverse also sloped, up towards the central pillar. I actually mean "up", as that the ceiling will be highest near the pillar, you can consider that. ;)

I was building a remake of this based off the intermission picture at one point actually most of the architecture is done :)