Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nomad

New game from Interceptor Entertainment!

Captain Red said:

All the fucking things wrong with this damn thing and people are whinging about it starring a lady. Go gamers!

Women in video games? This is an outrage! They should be in the kitchen serving their man's every whim and deisre, be it food or sexual intercourse where he is the dominant player. Women, blehc.

Your mascot does have a lot to do with game sales. Muscular he men are better game sellers than female protagonists. There are of course exceptions to every rule *cough* Lara Croft and Metroid. Samus stays in a suit. Lara Croft was the first female protagonist to be female in the 3D modeling era. Bluntly, men buy games with men as the main character. Just like females watch movies with females as the main character. Hence why we have so many female movie protagonists caught in love triangles in the midst of death.

They should make a scummy male punk with a bionic arm riding a motorcycle to see how the crowd reacts.

Personally for me, its the metal arm. I just don't like it ascetically. This isn't the Robocop 80s. Technology can make better robot arms. That's how I felt watching the new Robocop. They couldn't have made him look like a giant 7' tall human? They couldn't have put him in a trench coat or a suit when he met his wife as a robot? Nah that would be silly.

I'll still play the game and possibly enjoy the gameplay. When you're playing a game, the look doesn't matter, but when you're looking at the game and haven't bought it or played it, looks matter.

It's not really the gender I care about, it is more the appearance.

And quite frankly, I don't want to play as some cyber punk chick with one arm but it's not like you have a choice so suck it up!

Agreed, the trailer does indeed suck. Though it'd suck less if they didn't lie to your face and call it gameplay footage when it obviously isn't.

However, to be fair, the game they outline on the official site sounds like it has potential.

Since its not a FPS... I wonder if:

The industrial-looking arm is my favourite part of the whole thing. If I ever end up needing any kind of prosthetic limbs I'm going to go out of my way to look less human and more terminator.

The trailer sucks balls. Games are not movies; I want trailers that show gameplay. Doesn't look like my type of game anyway. Perhaps I should just wait for some real footage before I try and judge it, though.

I'd be okay with the character if she didn't look so emo. Give her a leather jacket and the other half of her hair and it'd look a little better.

Aliotroph? said:

I want trailers that show gameplay.

They haven't shown any real gameplay probably because gameplay at the moment must be very far from stable. Lots of placeholders, unfinished interface, etc.

Of course, by buying 3DRealms, Interceptor has acquired a unique trailer-making expertise:

Inkie said:

So...

Bombshell's gonna Bomb?

Yep. It is a less played game genre. When most isometric shooters are going MOBA including Dead Island, they're still going isometric shooter. It is a throwback to the 90s and might just get laughed at instead of laughed with. Its made by a studio that doesn't have a proven track record of sales.

And LOLz at the Duke Trilogy trailer.

Chu said:

average laveen's terrible haircut

Why are so many women getting this hairstyle in recent times? I just imagine they go into the barber like "Yeah, I'm gonna get a mohawk, it's gonna be so badass and all the guys will see I'm tough too!" and then halfway through they're like "WAIT HOLY SHIT STOP" and just leave it like that...

Doomkid said:

Why are so many women getting this hairstyle in recent times? I just imagine they go into the barber like "Yeah, I'm gonna get a mohawk, it's gonna be so badass and all the guys will see I'm tough too!" and then halfway through they're like "WAIT HOLY SHIT STOP" and just leave it like that...

Its to make their face look thinner. Yet oddly enough its a style most common with shorties. I wish that I was making that up. Before women shaving the sides, they'd tie the sides back and poof up the top of the hair. Now they discovered just shave the side.

mrthejoshmon said:

Hold on, Duke Nukem Forever had a cut character called Bombshell...

She was cut because she was still the property of 3DRealms and was off limits to Gearbox.

So I guess this is the next Duke game?

Yes, indeed there that cut character you said and it was going to be Duke's sidekick which Duke would later face as an enemy.

And it's not going to be the next Duke game because BombShell is the oposite of Duke.

For example she hates bubble gum, sunglasses and blonde hair which means that she could be an enemy of Duke.

All this robot arm talk and not a single person noticed the Terminator reference. Shame.

J.B.R said:

Yes, indeed there that cut character you said and it was going to be Duke's sidekick which Duke would later face as an enemy.

And it's not going to be the next Duke game because BombShell is the oposite of Duke.

For example she hates bubble gum, sunglasses and blonde hair which means that she could be an enemy of Duke.

Wow, that sounds really retarded. I'm glad it was dropped from Forever. Somehow it could have been worse. Giving Duke a spunky goth sidekick to only turn out to be the real enemy is so cliche, pandering, and stupid.

BlueFeena said:

Holy shit, is that real? My head just exploded.

It was a rushed hastily made trailer because, I assume, they didn't have a decent build to record footage from.

They would have been better off not showing anything.

Gez said:

Of course, by buying 3DRealms, Interceptor has acquired a unique trailer-making expertise:
Video

Funny because two of those games never seen the light of day.

Touchdown said:

Remember this thing? It has just been re-revealed.

Site

Trailer

2 youtube links? Where's the site?

It looks awesome. I'll play it now that I know its a dual stick shooter. The game looks much better and less in your face 90s attitude and that's a good thing. I just got done playing Meltdown and that game was fun even with some bare bones assets.

Seen the trailer, i don't fell that much involved in this game, expect the comments wrote stuff like "OH MY GAWD DIZ IZ DE BEST GAEM EVAH CNAT WAIT!!11!", but again, looks ok, but nothing i'm expecting so hard to play...

walter confalonieri said:

Seen the trailer, i don't fell that much involved in this game, expect the comments wrote stuff like "OH MY GAWD DIZ IZ DE BEST GAEM EVAH CNAT WAIT!!11!", but again, looks ok, but nothing i'm expecting so hard to play...

I'm discovering only idiots write Youtube comments. I'd like to just save Google the bandwidth and opt to never see comments ever again.

Compared to the first disaster of a trailer, this is a masterpiece.
Compared to everything else it's definitely decent.

The thing that annoyed me most was the Bon Jovi accoustic guitar riff outro.

I'd consider giving it a spin when it discounts on Steam. Is a person still technically handicapped if their prosthetic limb is a murder machine?

Wow, forgot about this. And she looks cuter :P

Anyways, this actually looks pretty decent. I especially like the mishmash of Ogres and trolls with robots, guns and demons, and tech and what not. None of the styles really make sense, but that's what makes it cool. Of course, it could be a story element as opposed to an aesthetic choice. But it looks cool, and it's neat to see Interceptor working on an original title.

Frederik Schreiber said:

As some of you might have heard, we've assembled a great team working on a Build Engine game (Same engine af Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, etc.). A prequel to Bombshell. If you get the Digital Deluxe edition of Bombshell on January 29, you'll get exclusive Beta access to the Bombshell Prequel as well!

First screenshots from a Build Engine prequel to Bombshell

By the way, someone should rename this thread to Bombshell.