Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

WOOO 2, How 2 wooo (Now on /idgames!)

Are you interested in this horrible idea?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this horrible idea?

• Yes I am.
    • No I am not.
    • "0/10 what is this crap"

Now on /idgames:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/wooo2.zip

It has been a somewhat lengthy amount of time since I came up with the absolutely abysmal idea of all getting together and doing a 32 map jokewad with the focus on being as weird and as utterly awful as humanly possible without committing some kind of crime against humanity.

Whilst a horrible ZDoom orientated monstrosity made to be a pile of orange funny tasting plants in terms of quality is what Doomworld is currently drowning in, I think we need to make one that at least tries to stand out and at least tries to be somewhat funny/playable in a very vague sense of the word.

So here is the pitch, we may have not won the fabled "Worst Wad" award but we can at least go for a round 2... Right guys?

I mean, as much as a terrible idea this is, it should be fun doing so right?

Here is a run down of things:

- It has to be bad in some way, be it weird, bad, STARTAN, 2 rooms, 890 rooms, detailed, ugly... Anything goes!

- Only 32 maps, any others will be thrown into their own little bag of shit labeled "bonus"

- Doom 2 is the IWAD

- I will try to be useful this time.

- I can actually compile wads now so there will not be some abomination with missing everything with no music that is separated into like 7 different files.

- There will be rules, try to actually follow them this time.

- There is not a deadline, it will happen when it happens.

- I will try not to put the wrong people in the credits like I did last time like a complete moron.

Rules that should actually be followed this time because I can't be arsed with DeHacked and shit like that:

- Any map format is allowed because you all didn't give a shit last time.

- Please consider the use of the thing known as "Player 1 start" thank you.

- Give it a fucking exit for crying out loud.

- No custom things that change core gameplay things like the statbar, enemy sprites and so forth.

- You can include custom textures, enemies and possibly even contribute a titlepic and stuff because I suck at MSPaint.

- MIDI music guys, I don't want to find a .ogg or .mp3 in there unless you have the correct permissions to use that crap or made it yourself, seriously.

- If you wish to contribute a MIDI, go ahead, but I will be making MIDI tracks from kicking the shit out of a composers if there are any slots left and what ever abortion comes out of it will be the track.

- Non of that Terry wad crap going on here, that will be rejected with extreme prejudice because it needs to be at least playable.

There we are, now should we let's get to this shit?

MAPS N SHIT SO FAR:

BETA: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz2eb36y8itwtgc/WOOO2.wad

TITLEPIC: Pure Hellspawn (Not done)

MAPLIST AS IT STANDS:
some MAP01 stuffz - CorSair - Obviously MAP01
Declinution - scifista42 MAP02
Thoeries - Walter confalonieri MAP03
Towak - Pcorf MAP04
Earthquake or something - Cell MAP05
Laterals - Getsu Fune MAP06
A fairly decent map - Breezeep MAP07
Run Doomguy Run - Crasger MAP08
SLOPEWAY TO HEAVEN - Darsycho MAP09
Futile Uprising: Cruel Kill - Scypek2 MAP10
Unnamedthingsthatarecool - Tylerisepic1 - MAP11
Chugger - pcorf - MAP12
Smith - pcorf - MAP13
Voodoo - Getsu Fune - MAP14
Scripted Hell: incredible technologies - Scypek2 - MAP15
How to correctly use pain elementals - xaser - MAP16
ITS FLAT - Me, MAP17
Is this real life? - KalebNoobMaster - MAP18
scum - Walter confalonieri - MAP19
Pizza daze - aladinthepaladin - MAP20
Area 1337 - Joe-ilya - MAP21
Sucking Down Darjeeling - Death Egg - MAP22
Ceci n'est pas une lift - gobu garu maru - MAP23
Hell Ravines Deluxe - Scypek2 - MAP24
Constant Hangar - Scypek2 - MAP25
Riddled With Mysteries - Scypek2 - MAP26
TIWAABBIIDOACEDETIW - Obsidian - MAP27
HOMo - Joe-ilya - MAP28
ICONHELLZDOOM - Pure Hellspawn/Walter confalonieri - MAP29/30
BOGGARACK! - Jaxxoon R - MAP31
Craz Nessie - Obake - MAP32
Uncensored Club Doom - joe-ilya - MAP33
UAC Base, or not - sincity2100 - MAP34
The my house - Scypek2 - MAP35
Hideous Entertainment - Cruel Kill - Scypek2 - MAP36
Corridors of death - xnv - MAP37
Doomguy's shitty adventure - xnv - MAP38

MIDI, LOLWUT (Done) - mrthejoshmon
MIDI: Multiple files - Darsycho
MIDI: some free MIDI somebody posted because why not
MIDI: OH NOES! - mrthejoshmon

My contribution: "It's FLAT":

huge difference between terrywads and jokewads. I enjoyed WOOOO, and would like to see a second.

As for Map30, it was interesting seeing a demon spitter and a fitness facility in the same level. I found that to be intriguing; and i pretended to work out on the treadmill and swim while hearing the spitter spit out it's monsters.

Some of the levels were really, really good to play. But really, really bad in serious design which is what makes a jokewad worth it.

Mock 2 was one of the best.

Since WOOO is DOOM flipped 180 degrees, shouldn't the sequel be Z WOOO?

Or maybe WOIIOO. Or WOHOO.

Gez said:

Since WOOO is DOOM flipped 180 degrees, shouldn't the sequel be Z WOOO?

Or maybe WOIIOO. Or WOHOO.

(how) 2 WOOO was what I came up with, WOHOO is a good one however.

this is a base idea for the title pic. it is not finalized.

i would like to improve it to make it even more DOOM-like; especially a marine and some monsters as well as WOOO 2.

I should stop posting things without the actual links and crap lol.

or for the title about the cyberdemon's roar? it sounds a lot like WOOOO!!!!

Cyberdemon could be screaming the title from the side (Like it coming out of his mouth).

Also, I think TITLEPIC is usually 300x240 but I think we can use bigger ones for ZDoom (which is what this project is for I guess).

cannonball said:

Yeah count me in.
Hoo-Woo!!!

Ah ha! Is there a chance of Doomguy racing 2?

mrthejoshmon said:

Cyberdemon could be screaming the title from the side (Like it coming out of his mouth).

Also, I think TITLEPIC is usually 300x240 but I think we can use bigger ones for ZDoom (which is what this project is for I guess).

Ah ha! Is there a chance of Doomguy racing 2?

we could do a really basic one or a more advanced titlepic where the cyberdemons appears, then their roar happens and then the words WOOOO appear from their mouths.

Pure Hellspawn said:

we could do a really basic one or a more advanced titlepic where the cyberdemons appears, then their roar happens and then the words WOOOO appear from their mouths.

That maybe to advanced for me to figure out.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Just compile all the terrywads into one wad pack. No need to make new shitty maps.

Not really, that missed the tagline of being playable and it also misses the tagline of creativity.

Well, okay, I'm all for jokewads, and it looks like you actually want to make something that's funny and not just stupid. I'm tired of seeing jokewads that aren't funny and are just bad maps thrown together. Please don't waste our time with a bunch of Penis and Butt jokes, we have those already. Do something new.

E: I don't need another teenage infantile humor jokewad, let's see some real good jokes here. Please.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Well, okay, I'm all for jokewads, and it looks like you actually want to make something that's funny and not just stupid. I'm tired of seeing jokewads that aren't funny and are just bad maps thrown together. Please don't waste our time with a bunch of Penis and Butt jokes, we have those already. Do something new.

E: I don't need another teenage infantile humor jokewad, let's see some real good jokes here. Please.

While I can't really control what people contribute, I will reject any Terry wads from this project.
You have my word on that.

Getsu Fune said:

I'm in.

Great :D

Hey mrthejoshmon, when I saw you are looking for a jokemap few hours ago, I speedmapped something that was intended to be a mild parody on the design of TNT Evilution and MAP01s in general. But, something went wrong and the map (while bad) appears to play quite well, specially if you try to speedrun it or in deathmatch. Maybe TNT lovers may even find it good, instead of a joke. Feel free to use it, or reject it, if you don't find it good enough for a WOOO joke. Declinution.

I can see if you don't want such cheap things in the megawad.

Also for what I can say, the only good map from WOOO worth the chuckle was MAP02. I don't find randomness or ugliness itself to serve as a joke, that's why I wasn't that impressed by the other maps. But there were some very interesting maps, I admit.

scifista42 said:

Hey mrthejoshmon, when I saw you are looking for a jokemap few hours ago, I speedmapped something that was intended to be a mild parody on the design of TNT Evilution and MAP01s in general. But, something went wrong and the map (while bad) appears to play quite well, specially if you try to speedrun it or in deathmatch. Maybe TNT lovers may even find it good, instead of a joke. Feel free to use it, or reject it, if you don't find it good enough for a WOOO joke. Declinution.

I can see if you don't want such cheap things in the megawad.

Also for what I can say, the only good map from WOOO worth the chuckle was MAP02. I don't find randomness or ugliness itself to serve as a joke, that's why I wasn't that impressed by the other maps. But there were some very interesting maps, I admit.

I can take that map, after all It's all down to what the author thought was bad/wanted to put here.

The original WOOO wasn't much of a good joke wad really, it was more of a "Make shit maps because I am a shit mapper" from me. Although, I did get more abstract maps then I imagined.

OK. If you get enough of actually laughable or crazy maps, definitely reject the mine. I realize it's neither extreme, nor intricate, and after all, not laughable.

(the joke of my map lies also in the fact how easily you can win if you decide not to fight the enemies, which... is not really funny)

EDIT: In the meantime, you can consider the map done. Thanks. :)

Wasn't there that project a while back that used mental maps? I believe I contributed to that one.

Obsidian said:

Wasn't there that project a while back that used mental maps? I believe I contributed to that one.

Scypek2 hosted that one I believe.

if anyone would like to duo a map with me for this, please give me a pm. i would like to make a boss / IoS map featuring scripting and i will show you what I have so far that could be used as a base - not very detailed but it has it's share of scripting.

my problem is that my mapping sucks - i'm more of a scripting kind of guy (I program irl).

Needs a level with all walls and flats covered in DOORTRAK. Also, make a sky out of DOORTRAK.

Off 2 Doom Builder 2 so I will chuck up a leval!

Gonna have good gameplay, amazing twist architecture. Gonna be scary.

Aren't there enough crap "joke" wads appearing, without a full megawad to waste everyone's time? Oh well, not everyone can spend their days trying to make something worthwhile.

How I intentionally do a bad map

Or maybe one of my early 201x when I began dabbling with DB2 could help the case... (In other words, you could count me in. :P)

CorSair said:

How I intentionally do a bad map

Or maybe one of my early 201x when I began dabbling with DB2 could help the case... (In other words, you could count me in. :P)

I'd think something that was playable and good quality but not very serious.

think KS map 30, sky may be...

I would be interested in this if I felt it would be worth my time trying to make a "good" "bad" map. I'll pass on this and settle for contributing to the MAD megawad, which I reckoned was WOOO's spiritual successor anyway.

Sure! I'll contribute to this little jokewad!

But is it ok if my map uses custom textures? (I.E. Community Chest 4 tex?)

Breezeep said:

Sure! I'll contribute to this little jokewad!

But is it ok if my map uses custom textures? (I.E. Community Chest 4 tex?)

Only custom textures within your .wad file, if you use a texture pack then there will be a lot of problems with missing textures and stuff.

It's easier to no use a pack, but if you do (If the authors give permission) please have the textures in you .wad file.

mrthejoshmon said:

Only custom textures within your .wad file, if you use a texture pack then there will be a lot of problems with missing textures and stuff.

It's easier to no use a pack, but if you do (If the authors give permission) please have the textures in you .wad file.

sure, thanks. I'll give credit to them.

Whatever it takes, I've been such a detailman in the past ~5 years. Let's see how crappy I can go within seconds!