Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all!

Thread for my latest and first map for Ultimate Doom, it doesn't use any custom textures/monsters/weapon and should work with DOOM.exe
It's better to play the map on U-V difficulty level since I didn't set monsters for other difficulty levels yet and it might be too easy.

Download link :

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom/s-u/uplift.zip

Screenshots :

Have fun!

This was good. Rich interesting layout, lots of action with traps and barrels that can be used very effectively. But in doom.exe there are some tutti-fruttis on walls with STEP# textures for example.

Hi! Areas in the map were very cramped, which might get uncomfortable and annoying. Specially when the player keeps bumping into walls and things. I didn't mind it this time. I appreciate nonlinear maps focused on exploration, and I was impressed here. Nice, extensive layout, not literally intuitive but not confusing as well, very pleasant. Detail was pretty elaborate and even though I felt it's a bit exaggerated and sometimes a bit "garish", the environment stayed interesting for me thanks to the details. I even suspect that with "doom.exe" you'd encounter overflows, but I just guess and maybe you're well aware that there are none. I think the mandatory lifts and switches could have been highlighted or differentiated a bit, but I don't complain. I didn't run into any problems. I've enjoyed the gameplay and combat. I've died in the map, but due to my unskilled mistakes, which I do often. The map wasn't hard at all. Overally I like it. Good job and thanks for the pleasant little experience. ;)

Thank you guys!

I see what you are talking about scifista, at once you did'nt had impassible linedefs to prevent you from blocking in small alcoves and it was even worse : /

I wanted to record a Let's Play video about the map, but my mic went dead, and I just realised it after recording.

I loved the map anyway, for a first time map it's especially great! Did you practice map making before it?

I really felt like I was in a space marine base of the UAC. I did get a little lost for a while, though.

Surprisingly fun, can't believe there're only shotguns and Doom 1 enemies (even 200+). Great architecture and scrambled hitscan/projectile enemies both made the map very exciting.
By the way, what's all the rockets for? Maybe I missed the RL?

@Katamori: I said Ultimate Doom map, so you could've guesses I made Doom II maps before, they aren't really good but you can find some of my maps on And The Bloodshed Began megawad, you can give a try to The Recon but those are my very first maps and kind of sucks. Also, I'm happy that you enjoyed the map ^^

@Jaxxoon R: that means my level design is immersive then :D
The main Objective I had when I started this map was to improve my level design to make it less linear but not to lose the player in the map, so I tried to place textures and all to lead the player a little. If you played Daylight, you'll get lost really quick after you have the keys ^^

@Niwatorry: Ahah, you got me x)
I sent this map here to check if people would like the kind of map it is, if they do (which is the case and I'm very happy about it :D) I'd try to create a full E1 with the same gameplay, I'll keep Uplift as E1M1 but just work a bit more on it to add a secret or two and traps :)
I'm not sure adding a RL on map 1, I'm already using a caco so the ammos are more here for players who won't pistol start on each map!

*booooooiiiing*

Yes that's a bump, I finished the second map going with Uplift and started the 3rd a month ago.

I decided to post a few screenshots and I think this thread was the most appropriate place to show them as it's meant to be with Uplift in an episode.

E1m2 & E1m3 screens :

Spoiler

The 2 first are for Map2 and the 2 second for Map3 (yes I forgot to reduce the HUD when I took those).