Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWalker27

"Breath Screen Effect" (Need Help!)

Hello everybody!
I need help with something pretty peculiar:
Do you know Aquarius199? His videos are awesome.
There is something awesome about his "configuration" I think, that his screen in Doom goes smoothly a little bit up, then a little bit down. As if the character were breathing. Reaaaaly awesome.
But I dont know what is this config! I dont know if its a WAD, or something like!
I realy want this effect, I want to do a Doom sacry WAD and I think this effect is awesome. Check this effect here, when Aquarius199 stop for a while. Pay attention to his screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHenAseA-o (Be careful, this is a scary video, but awesome effects)

Also, I made a video for him, asking how, but he dont know either. Here is my video explaining him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpypK4Qq6g

Thanks! If you know how to do it, I would be realy greatfull!

Sorry for the bad English, I'm Brazilian.

(I Use Zandronum, but it has no screen effect. Also tryed with Skulltag and GZDoom, none of them =( )

I'm not aware of any source port that does this, so sorry I can't hep you there, but this is something that I've been considering before for my own source port, DOOM RETRO. Is this an effect people would like to see, or would it be too distracting?

bradharding said:

I'm not aware of any source port that does this, so sorry I can't hep you there, but this is something that I've been considering before for my own source port, DOOM RETRO. Is this an effect people would like to see, or would it be too distracting?

I personally would NOT like to see it implemented. Like BaronOfStuff mentioned, it can be added via the console yourself if need be.

Thanks Baron! You saved my day.
As for an effect for a source port, I dont recommend it. Its too destractive, also it gets some issues if the plays has no Vertical Sync. Thanks!!!!!!

Guest Unregistered account

You could always Private Message Aquarius here on DoomWorld (Here he's known as NitroActive, like his player).

The sourceport he uses is SkullTag. He's one of those people that sees Zandronum as a downgrade (I was too, before I learned all about skulltag_data.pk3 and everything.

I Did PM him, but hi did not know witch command was =D.
I had to check on his skulltag-username.ini file.
Also, I like Zandronum alot! But Skulltag will be always be in my heart. Also his base data is better and shit...
Thanks!

Joe667 said:

You could always Private Message Aquarius here on DoomWorld (Here he's known as NitroActive, like his player).

The PM system here is dodgy enough to where I'd avoid it all together. You're better off making a topic IMO.

TheWalker27 said:

I like Zandronum alot! But Skulltag will be always be in my heart.

Same here. :') *Wipes tear away*

With you all the way.

Someone should organize a SkullTag Revival! I mean, we have a DeathMatch Revival, and that doesn't even need reviving.

Well, for starters, there's no ST episode select screen in Zandronum. Also, many people love SkullTag simply because of the memories it holds for them. Another thing is that Zandronum lets you choose the order of your weapon pickup preference. Tiny changes like that.

But search on YouTube "SkullTag Deathmatch" and watch Blake Stone's two videos. Tell me they're (second one especially) not epic.

You see? Looking at this guy's massive channel, more than half of his stuff is dedicated to SkullTag. Now that it's dead, Blake Stone has more or less become inactive. :'(

XCOPY said:

What's the damn difference between skulltag and zandronum? :|

*loads Zandronum with skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3 and fails to see the difference*

I Actualy do this ahahahahah, But still, there is some differences:
- Skulltag have more stability when using Direct3D
- Skulltag have more comptability with old GPU
- As you know: actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3 makes all awesome.

But... Zandronum still better for some reasons:
- Can load Actors.pk3 and Skulltag_data.pk3 =D
- More FPS Stability, and comptability with GPU
- Less crashes
- Better Engine

Anyway, I love Both.

Where can we find the old Skulltag maps? Really, to have the complete Skulltag set up for Zanny, you need not only the data and actors, but the skins and the maps as well. I can't seem to find them, anyone know where they're hiding?

That's weird, I just load up Zandro with the pk3s in their folder destinations and voila! All the maps and stuff are there. Maybe you need to own SkullTag in the first place? Although I assume you do, DoomKid?

As for the skins, you can find them online pretty easily if they're not already there.

Unless I am very much mistaken, I'm pretty sure that the ST maps are in Skulltag.pk3. They might be in Zandronum.pk3 too (they'll be usable in 'Offline Skirmish' if they are), I've not really bothered checking.