Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm pretty sure some of the maps are already on the archives.

Tylerisepic1 said:

They all should be. D!Zone stole them.

Things weren't as centralized in the old days, though. There are WADs on shovelware compilations that were pulled from other places than the idgames archive we know and love today.

Also, this exists, for full copies of such discs. If you want to add missing stuff from the compilation to idgames, you should probably go through and check each file to see if it's already there, and only submit the ones that aren't, tedious though that may be.

That looks like the contents of D!Zone 150, which is on the Internet Archive. I recognise some wads which contain slightly modified IWAD maps, they're unlikely to be welcomed to /idgames.

Wow thats a shitload of levels, lame is that you have to take every wad open with slade to see wich game and wich level they are. Played one wad called 2.wad wich is just a modified version of e1m5 with changed textures shitload of baron of hells cacodemons, spider masterminds and a stuck cybie at the exit.

There was one totally unfinished e1m1 level called e1m1. No way to exit. Didn't anyone check those wads at least briefly before putting them on these discs? There was also a one good wad called EXODUS wich also has a cool ctory in the txt.

EDIT: ugh exodus was unfinished too.

Solid Snake said:

Didn't anyone check those wads at least briefly before putting them on these discs?

Nope - that's one of the reasons those sorts of compilations are referred to as "shovelware".

GreyGhost said:

Nope - that's one of the reasons those sorts of compilations are referred to as "shovelware".

They could be good disks actually if someone had just handpicked the best levels in there but no they had to shovel everything in there. I'm yet to find a decent finished map in there.

Some of these wads have awesome stories in txts btw TRUETEST.txt has awesome story, made me want to play it, hope it's finished this time :D

EDIT: hahahahahahahah truetest.wad has star wars music xD

It also has two levels so far one of them is finished i think the other one is too so thats what anyone should play first.

Solid Snake said:

Some of these wads have awesome stories in txts btw TRUETEST.txt has awesome story, made me want to play it, hope it's finished this time :D

It's in the archive, so presumably is finished. ;)

Solid Snake said:

EDIT: ugh exodus was unfinished too.

Aside from missing playerstarts (which caused a DOSbox netplay game to immediately go tits-up), it seems pretty finished to me, or at least complete enough. You can get to the exit without any cheating.

BaronOfStuff said:

Aside from missing playerstarts (which caused a DOSbox netplay game to immediately go tits-up), it seems pretty finished to me, or at least complete enough. You can get to the exit without any cheating.

hmm, maybe so, i didn't seem to get the blue key, also i didn't find any blue doors. Well maybe i'm just a newb and gave up early.

With shovelware discs like this every wad is pretty much a dice roll to see if you get shit or gold. except 5 sides of the die say shit. And so does the sixth side.

Solid Snake said:

hmm, maybe so, i didn't seem to get the blue key, also i didn't find any blue doors. Well maybe i'm just a newb and gave up early.

If your first stop after leaving the cell block is a large room with imps on triangular pillars - that's where the blue key is, but you've gone the wrong way. Keep an eye out for a not particularly well hidden secret door.

If you're looking for handpicked best 1994 levels, you should try popular compilations like heroes.wad, ep4b.wad, megawad.wad and so on. I'm a big fan of these wads with their endless creativity and a 90s charm that can never be matched.