Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
codeslicer

What is your favorite Doom reference in other games?

Mine might be ge dead marine in DN 3D

Regular show Zombocalypse 3D

Or Doom related stiff in minecraft title screen.

ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Doom references I've seen in other games (like Duke 3D or Rage) were quite weak, not funny ones and didn't get me excited, but as you posted this picture, I think it has become my favourite now. :)

I always liked how in Tony Hawk, Doomguy had maxed out speed but terrible jump.

joe-ilya said:

The quake 3 doom/crash/phobos skins.

Seconded here!

I like how fraggle's post basically translates to "All of them." :P

But isn't this about which one you favor rather than asking about what references there is available? :P

Slightly off topic, but there's a Doom reference in an old Mad Magazine that I'll need to scan in and show you guys. It's pretty funny and features a cybie and imp fucking shit up.

Rage had some good ones, escpecially that pinkie one, that was cool, there were also doom coffee mugs etc. There should have been something more awesome however.

My favorite if for no other reason than it was the first that I came across and understood was the "You're doomed!" and "You're still doomed!" missions from Spyro 3, which was one of my favorite games at the time and still has a special place in my game collection.

Agreed, the Quake3 skins are amazing.
Also love the taunt/roar of Doom and Phobos - just wicked superhuman power.

joe-ilya said:

The quake 3 doom/crash/phobos skins.

i always used that player model for me and my team, since quake3 came out. that choice felt the most natural ;)

Not sure if this counts as a reference but the Beholders in Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate look similar to Cacodemons.

The Cacodemons design was actually taken from the head of the Astral Dreadnought from D&D, if anything it's more likely that the Beholders design was taken from the Astral Dreadnought instead.

I found out in Perfect Dark there's a single green datadyne tropper with a helmet, I wonder if it's a reference since usually only the blue datadyne troopers have helmets and only a single green trooper actually wears one in the second mission.

Solid Snake said:

Rage had some good ones, escpecially that pinkie one, that was cool, there were also doom coffee mugs etc. There should have been something more awesome however.

They should make official merch of that stuff!

GoatLord said:

Slightly off topic, but there's a Doom reference in an old Mad Magazine that I'll need to scan in and show you guys. It's pretty funny and features a cybie and imp fucking shit up.

I would like to see that :D