Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yay, a Memfis map. Fun stuff as usual. I thought the corridor that turns dark was really cool, both in looks and how the ambush is designed. The rows of coloured torches didn't look very good though and they don't really fit the overall theme of the level imo. Also while the penultimate fight was nice, I'm sure you could have come up with something else than a simple corridor for the final handful of enemies? Nevertheless an enjoyable map.

Here's the FDA

And then I laid eyes on a WAD from Memfis, and I saw that it was good. I loaded it into Skulltag, and said, "Let there be Doom!"

MAP01: Entryway
Difficulty: Ultra-Violence
Kills: 80/80
Secrets: 0/1 (where is it lol)
Death Count: 5

And there was Doom. This map is a fun-but-tough little romp that doesn't hesitate to rip your shit with ambushes. Chaingunners galore made for a bit of a tough time, but overall the only hard portions were the dark ambush hallway, the battle against the first HK and his minions, and the surprise attack when you opened the red key door, found yourself faced by an HK, and there seemed to be no way out (either that or I'm a retard).

While I will admit the ending hallway was a bit of a lame duck, this map was still a lot of fun and I enjoyed playing it!

Great little map with a great moody atmosphere, and simple but effective design and structure. I'm very ashamed for dying on this one, it was actually very easy - sometimes I just cannot tacticize well. Very nice level, Memfis.

Also, I've found the secret only thanks to cheating. I think it's hidden overly well.

TheUltimateDoomer said:

What does fda mean anyway?

First Demo Attempt
i.e. a demo of the player playing the map for the first time

Beat it on the second attempt after somehow eating a Hell Knight fireball out of nowhere. I stumbled across the secret thanks to dodging into the mirror image of the fake wall in the melee of the corridor ambush. Nice short map.

I recorded a FDA for this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/67e59unnehrt7vt/ascension-mouldy.lmp

Atmospheric little map, that secret armour would have come in handy if I had got it, as it was I died a couple of times from getting trapped by monsters, so after that I ran like a coward from everything and even out of the exit lift. I liked the lights going out trap, don't see that much in maps these days for some reason. The rows of torches were a bit of a navigation pain for me.

Pretty standard memfis style map although I found that one a bit more cramped then others. basic layout but i really loved the underground cave area. no deaths but still can be a bitch on UV because the lack or armor.

Oh I didn't really liked the three color torches thing, didnt fit the mood.