Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

Tab series

Memfis said:

Does anyone have the tab series as one wad?

Not as easy as it first looked. Several maps borrow a few textures from Doom.wad which are going to look out of place in the other maps, as will SKY1 in episodes 2 and 3. Can be fixed, but the wad would have to handed around under-the-table, or the maps are left as-is and the megawad distributed with a binary patch the downloader can apply at their discretion. Four maps (14,16,17 & 22) also use Dark Halls (D_E1M3) as their soundtrack, I think it would pay to renumber a couple.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Well, after reading this thread, it seems it would also mean it would no longer be vanilla compatible (it's 50 levels, and it seems that there aren't duplicates).

EDIT: About this I wrote, it seems to me (of course, this is just an idea I had) that we may be talking about two series, one from tab.zip to tab30.zip, and the other one maybe consisting of tab-iii.zip, tabiv.zip, tabmovie.zip & tabsequl.zip?

EDIT2: Sorry, I forgot to explain why. The thing is that from tab.zip to tab30.zip, they all occuppy the MAP01 slot, with the exception of tab18.zip (MAP13), while the other ones are compilations of 3 to 4 levels each.

Sorry, but is this Memfis complaining about a release broken up into seperate wad files instead of being compiled into one larger wad? Oh the irony!

One day in the future I can imagine someone having the same query over your own maps :-)

yeah yeah

I didn't know about the texture differences and stuff, I thought it's just a matter of shoving everything into one wad. As for the skies, I would actually prefer having different ones for each episode since looking at the SKY1 for 30 levels would get old. I hope you didn't think about making each map use D_RUNNIN :D.

Memfis said:

As for the skies, I would actually prefer having different ones for each episode since looking at the SKY1 for 30 levels would get old.

I'd probably go so far as to use sky transfers for the 4 maps in question, which means they'd no longer be vanilla compatible. And D_BUNNY for the other maps. ;)