Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
marxr

Custom wad in chocolate doom

I made a level in doom builder and it dosen't seem to work in choco doom, doom 2 starts up fine but when i put new game and choose difficulty it goes to a black screen for a second and quits. What may be the problem? The map dosen't use any fancy zdoom features or anything new at all, supposed to be a vanilla map pretty much.

Vanilla Doom has a lot of limitations. There wasn't an error message, apparently, so I'd suggest checking for multipatch middle textures on double-sided lines in player's view at the start of the level.

You might be able to get some more information if you look at the files stdout.txt and stderr.txt in your Chocolate Doom directory.

Do you have any custom graphics or other resources?

Otherwise, you're probably going to have to post the wad, there are too many things to guess at I think.

I know chocolate Doom quits without an error message if there is a linedef with no sidedefs anywhere on the level. Hit up the DB error checker and this will tell you if you have any of those.

Your level is malformed or exceeds some Vanilla limitation.

It's impossible to know what the problem is unless you give some more data, such as output from stderr.txt.

plums said:

You might be able to get some more information if you look at the files stdout.txt and stderr.txt in your Chocolate Doom directory.

Do you have any custom graphics or other resources?

Otherwise, you're probably going to have to post the wad, there are too many things to guess at I think.

Don't have anything custom except the map.

Also it gives me error message in analysis that says "sidef has missing lower texture (back side/ and the same except front side)" multiple times.

If that dosen't cause the error i can post the map.

Don't know if i have multipatch middle textures on double-sided lines. I have something that resembles a gate that has textures on both sides however.

stdrr.txt gives me IOperm_InstallDriver: OpenSCManager failed (5).

That sounds like a file permissions error with Windows. Where did you install chocolate doom? Can you run wads with it normally? Did you have to change it to run as administrator?

haven't tried other wads actually ill try, chocolate doom folder is on my desktop, didn't have to change it to run as admin