Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
marxr

Ultrakill.wad

MAPINFO went nuts, didn't recognize the sky line anymore so fuck mapinfo, anyway i reuploaded.

Nice little level. Mostly it was too cramped and flat, and also straightforward with no much interesting moments, but at least it was consistent, easy to navigate and pleasant to shoot through. Although not challenging at all - the gameplay was reduced to a shooting gallery style, where you just keep killing foes who come to you from the front. This definitely deserves improving in your further mapping.

Weapon distribution was done well, but there could have been a little less ammo, I think. The music was appropriate and good. The one secret place was very simply done and hidden, but okay too. One flaw: I got stuck in the yellow key room. Still, overally good job.

Next time, allow backtracking even to places before the teleporters.

Fixed the yellow key room bug, allowed backtacking to area before teleporter and reduced some ammo. Reuploaded. In the future ill bear your tips in mind. Thanks for your good feedback again.

One more tip: For actions that are one-time only, don't use repeatable switches. It may confuse the player on bigger and more complex maps. ("What does this switch do, and did I already use it or not?") That means, for one-time opened door, use the S1 Door Open action, not the SR one.

EDIT: There is still way too much shotgun shells by the way, and you wouldn't really need them at all until the final mancubus fight happened (low motivation to use pistol/chaingun and not just spam the SSG all the time). And even then a lot of shells will remain to you.

Yes i've learned that later in my mapping through constant bugs like this, i don't know why but all my maps feature s1 open close switch for some reason, now i'll just change them to s1 open stay or sr open stay type switches. But thanks again.

EDIT: so you mean don't use sr switches for one time only, i misunderstiood at first but i may have to fix a bug again in my map :P