Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Different versions of Memento Mori songs?

Over the years I stumbled upon a few midis that sounded almost like the songs from MMMUS but a bit different. For example, Squadron 417's intermission song seems to be an edit of MM's one, or in odyssey.wad (the one with five maps based on historic locations) there is a different version of MM map05 music. Why are there different versions floating around, where do they come from?

I'm not sure why map05's music would sound any different, but Klem's 1995 episode Cringe features old versions of tracks that were updated for release in MM.

There's also an example of this in Brit10.wad, where it basically sounds like a glitched-up version of MM2 music. I figured it might have been messed up when converted from MIDI to MUS, but who knows, maybe it was intentional. It sounds like crap compared the the non-fucked up version, though.

(It's this song, by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LKc3orJJhs )

Fun to listen to these old versions, Cringe E2M7 (MM MAP02) sounds as good as the later edition and I like the more lively intermission. Perhaps the map05 one was posted on the internet or something...