Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gggmork

anarchist trolls taxachusetts prison industrial complex by paying tax w350lbs pennies

Clonehunter said:

I thought capitalists/capitalism were/is your arch-enemy/enemies, the way you mindlessly rant about them/it.

Sir, you seem to have missed my half-joke point. May i suggest we settle this attempt at dissing with a cup of tea.

It is not a mindless rant, it is half a joke with at its end the truth ,mindless money grabbing.

flubbernugget said:

coinflation.com/coins/1909-1982-Lincoln-Cent-Penny-Value.html

A penny is worth two cents in scrap metal. It is mostly copper.

Pennies produced after 1982 are 99% zinc. Are you really going to spend hours sorting out newer coins in a huge pile?

And when you scrap metals you're not going to get market value prices either. You can expect the place to take a 25% cut off the top or more even depending on if they like the look of your product or not.

Quast said:

Pennies produced after 1982 are 99% zinc. Are you really going to spend hours sorting out newer coins in a huge pile?

And when you scrap metals you're not going to get market value prices either. You can expect the place to take a 25% cut off the top or more even depending on if they like the look of your product or not.

Oh shit, I have zinc pills. All I need is 1% copper and I can start counterfeit coining. Aw yeah! I'm in the money. I'm in the money. The skies are sunny! I've got a lot of what it takes to get along!

geo said:

There was a story a few years ago around my city of a bank refusing to count someone's pennies. The guy even counted them out for the bank. Bank still refused.

Isn't there a law that says that any payment method that is considered legal tender cannot be turned down or otherwise accepted only conditionally and unilaterally? As long as someone pays a due in legal tender, the payee is forced to accept it and consider the due paid, no matter how inconvenient the time or mode or payment is, as long as it's in legal tender.