Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

Day/Night cycles

Octarena, a DM level for Hexen, sort-of does, by which I mean that the outdoor light level will change periodically. More of a gimmick than anything else.

I'm sure there are better examples but that's the only one I know of.

Doom Center and Doom Center 2 both feature probably the best dynamic day/night cycles I've ever seen, and I wish I knew how they worked.

Well "Blue Bomber Bed and Breakfast" is technically a Doom wad, even if it is for a standalone TC of Doom. It has a dynamic day/night system and the music changes if it's day or night, too.

Yeah, any map with the glow light effect. The cycle between day and night is just really sped up.

Eternal Doom III, run with the batch file, picks one of three skies for the entire map set based on the time of day, which was a nice touch. Of course, these days it's a feature very rarely used.

Just played coop in zdaemon in a wad that had day and night cycles, i think it was called ivasion uac.

Linkrulezall said:

Doom Center and Doom Center 2 both feature probably the best dynamic day/night cycles I've ever seen, and I wish I knew how they worked.

Could you give me a link to them? I can't seem to find them on the archive.

Crasger said:

Well "Blue Bomber Bed and Breakfast" is technically a Doom wad, even if it is for a standalone TC of Doom. It has a dynamic day/night system and the music changes if it's day or night, too.

Could you give us a link, because i would like to try it.

J.B.R said:

It's one of the maps in Mega Man 8 bit Deathmatch.

J.B.R said:

Well you're gonna need to get that standalone TC of Doom right here. It's rather big so it might take a while.

And here's the forum topic for the map. The map's a bit large, too.

The map is usually used for multiplayer Roleplay/Deathmatch.