Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Happy Birthday Ragnor! (2014)

It's still the 2nd of June, even in NZ, so there's still time...
Of course, it doesn't matter because he can't play it right now anyway but sod it
Happy Birthday Ragnor! (2014) - MAP27

After defeating the evil Cacodemon army summoned by Aries Thölin,
Rognar proceeded to Phobos to destroy Aries once and for all.
Little did Rognar know that Aries wasn't on Phobos, and he was in fact
walking into a deadly trap, much more dangerous than what he had faced
one year earlier...

Perhaps he shouldn't have changed his avatar on Doomworld to strifeguy...
Info: This is a 1-hour speedmap in UDMF format. It doesn't require GZDoom, but there's just one small feature in the map that doesn't go with the palette at all.
The map is literally just a start room, fight room, then a boss arena. If you're wanting proper, decent maps, this probably isn't for you. Custom monsters are present.

Bug: The door to the fight only open once, and if you don't enter the room, you'll stay trapped at the start.

Overally it's not a well balanced fight with all the random overpowered monsters just scattered around a room, and then there's the boss, I kept dying from some splash damage from him. On the good side, the map looks nice (in its effective simplicity) and has an atmosphere (given by the aesthetics and also music).

Yeah I did put some extra health in that first area, but forgot to save it >_<
Perhaps I should've made the arena wider too.
Ah well, I'll make a serious attempt next year :D

Oh dear lord, now theres story to it :D This is gonna be a weird episode by the end!

Hopefully I'll get my laptop back this week. Every other computer here belongs to old computer-illiterate people and are thus unusable thanks to toolbars everywhere, and a never ending stream of viruses and malware :/

My birthday is 1 June btw ;]

Well fuck.
I don't usually forget stuff like this so I scoured the forums looking for how me and cannonball knew when your birthday was.
I had a feeling it was in blogs, and sure enough it was in a thread I was hoping it wouldn't be in but I digress...

Tomorrow is my birthday

posted 31 May

Seems I'm wrong, and Ragnor does indeed know his birthday. Damn it.
--

Obsidian, you made my birthday map last year :D
It took me many attempts to bring down those Heresy Lords...

Spoiler

if ur interested my bday is 3 july kthx <3

Also in the Revilution thread.

Obsidian, you can still make something if you want, it'll be a while before I can play anything. You could make something snow themed, my mum's planning some trip to a snowy area (And since were both NZers, you'll know snow isn't the most common thing here, so this is pretty cool for me!)

18 days later, I played it, and enjoyed the hell out of it. The music and coloured lighting gave me the shivers, the baby cacos made me laugh, the main arena was fun..for a while (Crackodemon is OP and more of a threat than the big guy) and the exit switch brought a smile. And then I was in tears for about 10 minutes straight at the surprise ending. Also was highly amused by the automap penis. This injoke aint going anywhere!

9/10 (point removed for Crackodemon killing me 92060028226802962 times and wearing down the initial "this is the best thing ever" feel), would play again many many times

Crackodemon was literally "go on realm667," pick the first cacodemon with the "Hard" tag.
But did you notice the music was the same as last year's map? Continuity! And with an ending like that, next year's map is going to be fucking fun :D