Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cupboard

Alexander Shulgin's Death

A true psychonaut until the end. Alexander Shulgin obtained a DEA Schedule I license for an analytical laboratory, which allowed him to synthesize and possess any otherwise illicit drugs in a personal laboratory. He personally ingested hundreds of drugs, mainly analogues of phenethylamines (mescaline, MDMA, 2C family) and tryptamines (DMT, psilocin & LSD)

He died at the age of 88 surrounded by friends and family. An international community remembers his contributions.

He worked extensively with 5-MEO-DALT which is a tryptamine I have sampled orally. It is mildly hallucinogenic and depends on serotonin to create hallucinations. Overall it is a sedating hallucinogen with subtle effects, best combined with other drugs.

Just imagine, this ancient man ingesting 1-2 milligrams of hallucinogenic chemicals and transcribing their properties. He was fearless and a visionary chemist. Even a real-life "Breaking Bad", if I may be so bold.

I'm surprised he never won a Nobel Prize.

He was awarded with a "D.E.A. Award" so that's something.

Crasger said:

I'm surprised he never won a Nobel Prize.

He was awarded with a "D.E.A. Award" so that's something.

And then they confiscated everything.

rf` said:

And then they confiscated everything.

Knowing them, that's probably what happened.

I am surprised at how old he became after ingesting so many drugs, as people tend to describe. But then again he was a psychonaut and not an unlucky super addict popping pills at hourly schedules.

He must have used a professional approach at taking these, in a very controlled manner. All i can say is that this man might have lived his personal dream.

FireFish said:

I am surprised at how old he became after ingesting so many drugs, as people tend to describe. But then again he was a psychonaut and not an unlucky super addict popping pills at hourly schedules.

Traditional psychedelic drugs like LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, etc. are virtually harmless to the physical body. They have been proven non-addictive as well.

Alexander Shulgin and Terence McKenna were truly influential individuals and will be sorely missed.

Here he is talking energetically at a conference on the future of psychedelics and how he created 5-meo-dalt:

He is a true man of science, isn't he?

Wish we had more of that instead of those fund-sapping quacks.