Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

'1024:ABC edition' Released and fixed. 1.5/5? >:(

I am *not* going to become a playtester, just wanted to give a suggestion: When giving names to the maps, don't use just A, B, C, but put one-word names that start with the respective letter. It will be more interesting.

Otherwise I can only say that I've seen many screenshots of your maps in the picture thread, and well, the maps won't be an example of extra quality design (simplicity, wild angles, garishness, typical joe-ilya features), but they might be eventually interesting to try out. To tell you straight what I think, you could already try to move on a "higher" level of design (without exaggerated wild angles and garish texture choices and with more rational structure), but it's definitely good that you make maps you like to make.

scifista42 said:

I am *not* going to become a playtester, just wanted to give a suggestion: When giving names to the maps, don't use just A, B, C, but put one-word names that start with the respective letter. It will be more interesting.

I know.
Added map names.

joe-ilya said:

I know.
Added map names.

Nice. You didn't make them up right now, you had them prepared, right? :)

Cacatou said:

Have got some free time so why not? I'll playtest.

Cool! I'll PM you for now. Report for bugs and stuff.
EDIT : Did you get it?

I like how for C, E, J and L you couldn't even be bothered to come up with a word that began with those letters. In Lifts is also a big cop out.

joe-ilya said:
MAP03 : C trench MAP05 : E shelf MAP10 : J cave MAP13 : L trench

Claustrophobic trenches
Eastern Shelf

I'd use L something else other than trench again.

Take any you like:

Abstraction, Bible, Craw, Depot Base, Eradicator's Shelf, Fenced In, Gnarled Twins, Helipad, Impasse, Jaguar, Skipper, Command Keentrol, Lesion, Mount Pain II, Necro-Bridge, Oaughtcha, Patched Around, Quarries, Rustwalk, Skip, The Secret Skip

Fellowzdoomer said:

Ill playtest!...

But in turn, can you playtest m ylatest creation?

Are they vanilla flavored or do they go out with a boom?

You're added to the list. I'll PM you after I finish doing MAP21.

What's that? Can you PM it to me? I don't know what it is.

They're vanilla.

Surprisingly, I'm actually half-tempted to try out this megawad sometime when it's finished. I'd like to see if joe-ilya's "hyperactive clusterfuck" style has some merit over the course of a megawad or not....

Suitepee said:

Surprisingly, I'm actually half-tempted to try out this megawad sometime when it's finished. I'd like to see if joe-ilya's "hyperactive clusterfuck" style has some merit over the course of a megawad or not....

It's a hyperactive clusterfuck on UV, on HMP it's normal.

MAP24

pretty neat idea, looks like some really interesting layouts haha. you considering replacing the skies?

Tango said:

pretty neat idea, looks like some really interesting layouts haha. you considering replacing the skies?

Only SKY2, I don't plan on putting any other skies, but if you asked it means you want to contribute some?

MAP27

Fellowzdoomer said:

I can't pass level 4 lol

Use lower difficulty, then. It's possible that there are some bugs in lower difficulties that don't occur in higher ones but will go unnoticed since everyone wants to either play UV or ragequit.

Uploaded, now expect an e-mail from Ty asking for verification. (or you can mail him first to speed-up the process)