Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Patrol1985

Aliens TC - the final room of E3M2

Is it just me or is the very last room od E3M2 of Aliens TC bugged (the one which contains an exit switch and requires blue card to open)?

It's impossible to enter the room because I hit an "invisible wall". I no-clipped to enter the room and saw that it was mandatory to visit it (it contains the exit switch). I doubt the invisible wall was intentional, so is the map bugged?

edit:

I used the updated version contained within u_alntc1.zip and u_alntc2.zip from doomworld.com's level archive.

Doom.exe v1.9 via dosbox. I wasn't really sure how to use the necessary modifications with new source ports so I downloaded the DOS executable and followed instructions from the readme.

EDIT: I tried it with PRBoom+ as well (though with incorrectly loaded textures and things) and the effect is the same - the very last room cannot be entered.

david_a said:

Have you tried Quasar's fixed version? He may have rebuilt the nodes, which should fix that problem.

This one works great! Thanks! I think I saw Quasar's version mentioned a couple of times on this forum but the links were always dead. Has this version been uploaded to /idgames? If not, it definitely should be.

Patrol1985 said:

This one works great! Thanks! I think I saw Quasar's version mentioned a couple of times on this forum but the links were always dead. Has this version been uploaded to /idgames? If not, it definitely should be.

Unfortunately because of archive policies it would replace the original, and we don't want that. Ty would also want proof of permission from the original author; even though previously he stated he had no problem with the remake, I don't have any proof of that available at this point.