Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

Stuff that annoys you in the DOOM Community

I wasn't even talking about you specifically, since you actually gave ideas for improvements. It was mainly the other two dudes in the server who were just intentionally being smartasses. I don't know why you assume I was targeting you.. Anyway, let's drop it for the sake of the thread.

Guest Unregistered account
Doomkid said:

I've never copped any flak at Zdaemon... people are always really friendly over there and if they aren't, everyone targets them. It's pretty awesome.

... Maybe it seems worse for me, since I can't play Zandronum online, but it's practically impossible to play, say, LA Spacestation without a bunch of trolls (shooting you into a rocket or off a cliff, blocking the way in short passages so even shooting them doesn't work etc.) and morons (as you previously mentioned, "LOL NOOB!").

That said, for me people usually votekick, but most of the time it fails. :/

Joe667 said:

Oh yeah...

Yeah, the [LA] wads are notorious for attracting all kinds of trolls. But they can be really great with enough skilled\serious players on the server. Watching MarkIstenes going through Spacestation 2 MAP32 was one of my best Doom experiences ever: very tense, exciting and funny with people joking in the chat. There are lots of cool hard maps in these wads, it's fun when most people die and then you watch the remaining players trying to survive (being one of the heroes is even better of course).

Heh, people speaking when not spoken to amiright?

Joe667 said:

... Maybe it seems worse for me, since I can't play Zandronum online, but it's practically impossible to play, say, LA Spacestation without a bunch of trolls (shooting you into a rocket or off a cliff, blocking the way in short passages so even shooting them doesn't work etc.) and morons (as you previously mentioned, "LOL NOOB!").

Joe667 do you know what annoys me in the community that we can all agree on?

Kaskaum.

"Needs more brutal" comments on my non-Brutal Doom videos. I know I run the Brutal Video Vault but come on, even I need breaks from playing/uploading Brutal Doom stuff. It's a general Doom channel, not Brutal Doom focused anymore.

I haven't done any new videos in almost 2 months because I am burnt out from the mod.

Glaice said:

"Needs more brutal" comments on my non-Brutal Doom videos. I know I run the Brutal Video Vault but come on, even I need breaks from playing/uploading Brutal Doom stuff. It's a general Doom channel, not Brutal Doom focused anymore.

I haven't done any new videos in almost 2 months because I am burnt out from the mod.

I hate it when I see comments like that on your videos. Seriously, Brutal DOOM is good but Vanilla DOOM is awesome too you know?! Like this one guy that says Vanilla DOOM is too slow and clunky, has he or she played it on Nightmare? Nightmare is really brutal and just if you get past it only using your keyboard. No mouse, I mean just using your arrow keys, ctrl, shift, and spacebar... then dear sir I commend you. Even more so if your doing it on an 486 CRT monitor and it's the original game.

Guest Unregistered account
Doomguy777 said:

Joe667 do you know what annoys me in the community that we can all agree on?

Kaskaum.

OoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH DAYum, Kaskaum.

http://i.imgur.com/CgxHdx2.png

Thread closed because it has degenerated into mostly personal attacks, and few worthwhile other posts.

Joe667 and Doomguy777: either improve your posting, stop posting or leave.