Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Civ

Custom Weapons

I just made a custom joke weapon, a spork. I have created the weapon sprites/frames, put the correct Cyan color in the background for transparency, and placed the sprites over the original fist/punching sprites in SLADE, yet when I open the WAD in GZDoom, it only shows the original fist and animations. What am I doing wrong?

First of all, cyan isn't really transparent. Try using something like Paint.NET, Photoshop or GIMP to just outright delete the pixels you want to be transparent and then save it as a PNG.

Of course, make sure the new sprites share the same file name as the fist sprites, and make sure to save them into whatever PWAD (Not IWAD!) you're using. Don't forget to load it.

Jaxxoon R said:

First of all, cyan isn't really transparent. Try using something like Paint.NET, Photoshop or GIMP to just outright delete the pixels you want to be transparent and then save it as a PNG.

Of course, make sure the new sprites share the same file name as the fist sprites, and make sure to save them into whatever PWAD (Not IWAD!) you're using. Don't forget to load it.

I've done everything. I've touched up the sprites, and put a DECORATE file into the WAD, yet now, the fist weapon doesn't appear at all when I load the WAD.

you have to put all your sprites in between 2 empty lumps named S_START and S_END