Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
union477

Doom 2 BFG Cheats

Well, that sucks.

Then again you could rip the IWAD and load it on a source port then cheat there.

They added achievements without a way to avoid earning them when cheats are enabled? Let's start an internet witch hunt to shame the horrible programmers! :p

Aliotroph? said:

They added achievements without a way to avoid earning them when cheats are enabled? Let's start an internet witch hunt to shame the horrible programmers! :p

I'm tempted to bind some cheats like getting extra weapons/ammo, noclip and god, and play through the main Doom 3 game to see if I can earn achievements while they're enabled, while having the console itself disabled during the entire cheating playsession.

Hell, I'll reinstall BFG Edition and inform you guys of the results.

You should buy the doom classic collection, which contains the original iwads and exe.
The bfg edition is disgrace to doom.

Heh, it took me like 2 minutes to realize that people aren't just making fun of a novice.

Alright, BFG Edition confirmed to ignore cheats as long as the console is disabled. I got the achievement for killing 20 enemies with the chainsaw, despite having used keys that I bound to god, noclip, notarget and give all. I wasn't even on the right map, I was on Mars City Underground, the chainsaw isn't until far later in the game.

As if we needed any more evidence of modern id's lazy hackery.

Sodaholic said:

Alright, BFG Edition confirmed to ignore cheats as long as the console is disabled. I got the achievement for killing 20 enemies with the chainsaw, despite having used keys that I bound to god, noclip, notarget and give all. I wasn't even on the right map, I was on Mars City Underground, the chainsaw isn't until far later in the game.

As if we needed any more evidence of modern id's lazy hackery.

Yet taking screenshots marks your game as cheated 9_9 Beautiful work, really.

The Doom 3 part of the game allows cheats / console commands and disables achievements. Sadly screenshots are considered cheats.

geo said:

The Doom 3 part of the game allows cheats / console commands and disables achievements. Sadly screenshots are considered cheats.

Are you 100% sure of that? I just successfully got an achievement while cheating. I will record a video of proof if anyone wants me to.

Sodaholic said:

Are you 100% sure of that? I just successfully got an achievement while cheating. I will record a video of proof if anyone wants me to.

I want you to.

I have now bought Doom Collectors Edition. BUT....It will not install in Windows 7. I have changed to setup compatibilty to both XP and Win 98 but the install shield sticks at 99% then drops out.

union477 said:

I have now bought Doom Collectors Edition. BUT....It will not install in Windows 7. I have changed to setup compatibilty to both XP and Win 98 but the install shield sticks at 99% then drops out.

Could it be a corrupted download ?

union477 said:

Source post ? Explain please.

*Source port

Basically, a source port is like an emulator of sorts. It emulates the features of the Doom engine and expands upon them, adding more features and more modding capabilities as well as multiplayer support, even.

But you have to have one of the IWADS on you in order to play Doom on it.

IWADS act in a way similar to a game ROM image.

You have to load up the IWAD using the sourceport in order to play Doom.

Source Ports have consoles that let you use the cheats you'd like.

A good sourceport would be ZDoom If you're into Multiplayer, check Zandronum out.