Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tuxlar

What's a good Chaingunner turret design safe against rockets/plasma?

By 'good' I mean no angle that exploits it (lets the gunner be killed), wide angle of coverage (few/no clear blind spots for the chaingunner, including vertical), and compact shape. Be neat if it could resist bullets or bfg, but not required.

Don't ask why. I swear I won't use it for Evil™. :)

The "most unreachable" chaingunner I've ever seen exists on map05 of Armadosia. I'm talking about this little dude: http://i.imgur.com/8Vc6hjF.png No, not the shotgunner. See that little brown pixel in the center? That's a chaingunner's head. From that position he is able to hit you but you can't reach him no matter how hard you try. I hated him so much when I played the map for the first time. It was pretty hard as it is even without invincible enemies. :P

Memfis said:

The "most unreachable" chaingunner I've ever seen exists on map05 of Armadosia. I'm talking about this little dude: http://i.imgur.com/8Vc6hjF.png No, not the shotgunner. See that little brown pixel in the center? That's a chaingunner's head. From that position he is able to hit you but you can't reach him no matter how hard you try. I hated him so much when I played the map for the first time. It was pretty hard as it is even without invincible enemies. :P

Interesting. So line of sight (at least) begins at the top of the Thing's box, if that's the take away?

I suppose I could use th... uh, I mean, that satisfies my innocent, honest curiosity! :3

Edit: Well, my tests failed. Memfis' example keeps the player on a walkway with a 48 unit rail separating the player from the chaingunner by some distance. There's still things I need to try, but so far, it seems you can only make the player one-way vulnerable, and not the monsters one-way attacking (so to speak).