Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

Need advice on this hell themed map scenario

I been working on this hell themed map for a while now. I seemed to be stuck on this particular area now on how to go about making this area less plain looking. As you can see from the pic below, the texture work is too boring and plain looking. I need some texture advice or any other detail work that can be applied to this area so I can release it soon for playtesting....

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img849/6633/rtsx.png

Maybe blocked-off alcoves with hanging bodies or impaled corpses? Some corpses on the floor would definitely help as well.

Well, the last room of Ultimate Doom has a similar detail level so maybe this isn't so bad after all. It has an interesting shape and some important structures already. Perhaps when you add the monsters and stuff it won't look plain to you anymore.

Memfis said:

the last room of Ultimate Doom

It IS that very room, sector for sector.

Are you doing a remake of Unto the Cruel?

Lol so it was really a trap question? We were supposed to criticize the hell out of that room and then the OP would be like "aha heretics, so you don't even like Ultimate Doom!".

Its supposed to be a remake of Unto the cruel. As soon as I figure out how to revamped this particular area, I can release it for play testing. This area is too boring in design (IMO) I need some texture variation to make it look more appealing.

You could hollow out that middle wood column and make windows into it, with maybe lava/blood/nukage inside. maybe a monster or two also.

You could make some inset alcoves with torches in them.

you could make some supports made of SUPPORT3 jutting out of the walls in various (but structural looking) places.

Maybe some inset inverted crosses like in Unholy Cathedral?